Take A Little Bite From This New Instagram Shop In The South


Logging in to my blog account surprised me. How long did I not blog? Why is the blog site’s interface changed in such a short period? Hahaha I’m caught off guard. Anyway, I’m happy to start writing here again in my little space in the interwebz.

I love writing in my blog because no one edits my write-ups or restricts me when it comes to sharing my thoughts so I’m more “unfiltered” and spontaneous when it comes to my entries. I know some people who read my blogs also know that I write for some local publications too. To be perfectly honest, writing for those publications gave me so much joy as it fueled my passion but if you’re not aware of it, we have some editors to check our work and sometimes, change some part of the write up that we, the writers, made. 


Since I’ve been quarantining alone for almost 6 months now (I can’t keep up with the timelines anymore), I decided to share some of my quarantine finds through this blog AND give my honest review about it. Whether it’s food, new item/product, drinks, books, or series… being someone who is alone 100% of the time, might as well talk to you guys through this blog rather than go crazy inside the four corners of my home.


For this entry, I want to talk about Little Bite Bakes. They are a startup Instagram store that freshly delivers baked goods such as Cheesy Loaf, Basque Burnt Cheesecake, Egg Pie, and Sushi Bake. According to their Instagram account, the owners of the shop have been baking intermittently for the past 7 years. They just usually bake for themselves during the holidays and school functions (those potlucks) and only selected family and close friends knew about their baked goods. However, since the pandemic started, of course, there are no big holiday or school functions to look forward to this year so they decided to start Little Bite Bakes.


When I first saw this shop, I always wondered why they named it Little Bite Bakes. Thankfully, my question was immediately answered as they shared the reason behind the name. According to them, Little Bite is the name of their official family “pet” dog… however… that pet dog is a stuffed toy!!! When I learned about this, I found it so adorable and heartwarming as Little Bite was gifted to the owner’s family and has been with them for 13 years now! No wonder, their baked goodies are made with love and sincerity.


A few days ago, they sent me 3 products to try out, and here’s what I got to say:


Layered Kani Sushi Bake (Php 200 for solo, Php 350 for share size, and Php 700 for family size)



Their Layered Kani Sushi Bake has this soft, melt in your mouth texture with a taste of umami and hint of sweetness. I’ve tried some Sushi Bakes before and I don’t like how it gave me an “umay” factor from being salty. I don’t like too salty foods but thankfully, Little Bite’s Kani Sushi Bake gave a balanced flavor that you can enjoy thoroughly. 



What sets them apart from the other Sushi Bake sellers is their double-layered season nori sheet and authentic Japanese rice. Most sellers just use regular rice for their sushi and yes, you can tell the difference when it is authentic or not through the texture and changes the game altogether.


Cheesy Loaf (Php 180)



I have never tried a cheesy loaf as good as this one. It has this soft, milky texture balanced with a sweet and salty flavor that you will never get enough of. I’m not a fan of Cheesy Loaves because I am more of a Cheese roll person. I don’t like the loaf’s thick and heavy palate but for Little Bite’s Cheesy Loaf, everything just falls into place. I also love how they are generous with their cheese! Even the inside part of the loaf has cheese bits which reminds me of my favorite keso ice cream with lumps of cheese in it. 


I usually partner their Cheesy Loaf with a glass of milk because obviously, I love milky food but sometimes, I pair it with my coffee just to give me that much-needed kick while working.


Also, I want to highlight how their Chessy loaf is so good even after re-heating it. You can also consume it at a cool temperature, whichever works, it still tastes so amazing. 


Basque Burnt Cheesecake (Php 350)



Last but definitely not the least is Little Bake Bite’s Basque Burnt Cheesecake. I cannot stop raving about this for after and to be completely transparent, I finished the whole box in just 24 hours (I’m sorry to my health-conscious readers). That is how good it is. I’ve always been a sweet-tooth and my tongue already has this certain standard when it comes to the level of sweetness that I can tolerate. Sometimes, what’s not too sweet for me is too sweet for my friends, what’s not sweet for me is just sweet to them so just imagine what “too sweet” for me means for those who have a regular sweetness preference right? 


Thankfully, this Basque Burnt Cheesecake is soft, perfectly baked, and has the right amount of sweetness in it. It is not too sweet but not too bland too. It’s just right to the point that you can even customize it with some strawberry or blueberry jam. You can add some chocolate hazelnut spread on top of it too if you want some chocolate cheesecake. If you’re feeling healthy and fancy, add some fresh strawberries as toppings or any fruit available in your ref and it will be amazing no matter what. I ate it plainly WHICH ANNOYED ME SO MUCH. I should have bought some fruit to pair with. But plain or not, the taste is still impeccable. 


By the way, they also have an Egg Pie which is priced at Php 380. I wasn't able to try it but according to my mom, she got to try it and it was really good. 


What I love about Little Bite Bakes is how personalized their service is. They include production and consume before dates on your orders and they include heating and storage instructions on your order. As someone who lives alone, my food storage knowledge is quite limited so this will help a lot to those who don’t know how to preserve or store their orders.


Little Bite Bakes also has their baking schedule to make sure that everything is freshly baked. They are located in Muntinlupa so southies and middle dwellers like me (I live in Taguig so it's somewhat between North and South, don’t argue with me on this) can easily access their goodies. If you’re from the North and want to order, I’m sure they can also accommodate you. Here are some details if you want to try out their menu:


Baking Schedule:  


They bake every Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays


Social Media:


Instagram: @littlebitebakes 


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LittleBiteBakesByCarol/


How to order: JUST MESSAGE THEM ON INSTAGRAM!


Little Bite Bakes wants to make life fuller one little bite at a time and my verdict? Their pastries can make your life fuller and special even on days that you’re just not feeling it. They are like that little guilty pleasures or pick me up treats that we always have when we had a bad day or we’re feeling low. Try it out and let me know what you think!


Also, don’t forget to #SupportSmallBusiness and #SupportLocalBusiness especially this pandemic. I can’t wait to share with you something new again next time. 


Comments

  1. Loving #littlebitebakes! ❤❤❤ what a delicious and scrumptious writeup! Mouthwatering!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts