The Taste of Freedom



I've been living on my own for a few months now. I'm nearing my 1 year mark since my mom and brother left me to live on my own here at our condo in Taguig. Living alone has taught me a lot of life lessons. If you think that it's fun and all about living the life, think again. So here in my first blog revamp post, lemme tell you how #adulting life really works.

Freedom doesn't really mean independence. Life is hard when you're living along. There are bills, duties and a plenty of responsibilities. I'm blessed that I don't really pay all our house's bills. My mom pays for the water and internet+cable bills. Honestly, I would love to pay for all these house bills. I mean, duh, I'm the one who consumes all these things so I'm supposed to be the one who pays for it but with pure honesty, lemme say this: I CAN'T. My salary cannot shoulder all this stuff. And I think, it's unfair. Anyway, that's another issue. But if I really can pay for all these things, I would. But for now, I'm really just thankful that my mom helps me and that I have a job to support my hungry tummy.

It's been a year since they came back to our hometown and if you think that all I do while living in the metro is party all night and go to different places, nah. You got it all wrong. Since they left me here, all I did was plan my meals, budget my expenses and clean our house. If I want to meet up with my friends, I go out and meet them around the area *which seldom happen nowadays*. So definitely no house party for them okay. If I'll go to a friend's place to have some sleep over *which never happens so far* or I have an out of town trip, I still tell my mom where I'm going. Yes, that's pretty much my life now. Then during weekend nights, I usually just go out to attend our weekly church or I go straight home to do my laundry. GUYS, THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF LIVING ALONE. LAUNDRY. I never liked doing the laundry. It drains the energy out of me. But, being a responsible young adult that I am *naks*, I still do it. I don't trust laundry shops so I really put time and effort for my laundry needs. And I do it without any help. It's boring and annoying by the way. When I'm not doing the laundry, I usually clean the house. I clean my dog's potty, I sweep the floor, wipe the glasses. All those stuff. Oh and yes, I cook my own food. I cook basic food, nothing great but there are times that I feel extra quirky so I'll cook some special dish. I also cook my own lunch that I bring to work because commercial food sucks BIGTIME. It causes obesity and all those health diseases *I sound like a tita here sorry* so as much as possible, I wanna cook my own food. 

Of course I still enjoy my youth and go out at times. I go out during the weekends and explore some places around the metro. I love doing grocery shopping *but my pocket despises it HAHA* I love eating and going to artsy events so when I'm not home, I'm probably out, exploring this new restaurant in town or I'm attending some art related event. You know what's funny? With all these privileges I got since living alone, I never got the chance to go to a night party. Well, I never really partied. I don't even go out to drink with friends. That's just so not me. So I guess my mom never really worried about that part of giving me some dose of freedom. I know some of you will say I'm boring.. but whatevs. I really do enjoy the places that I go to. And I always believe that I can have fun and enjoy my youth without partying and drinking. 

One of the biggest challenge of living alone is missing my family. I cannot go home (Laguna) regularly because there are weeks that my work load is over the top and I can only do my house chores during weekends so I need to sacrifice some time off to still work at home. But you know what, the bright side with all this is that every time I go home, I really get to bond and cherish the time I have with my family. I make it a point to eat and talk with them. As much as possible, I do my best to minimize my social media time when I'm with them *I really can't ignore it all together since it's my job* so it makes me seeing them more precious. I used to take moments with them for granted but living away from my loves made me realize the importance of family time.

Living alone makes me responsible not just to my home duties but with myself too. It gives me the chance to know more about myself and what I want in life. It gives me the sense of independence to decide for myself and be responsible with my actions. I think, somehow, being alone gives me more space for growth and maturity because it is not easy at all. Everything makes me feel fearless and strong. Being able to stand on my own *though not really on my own hehe* somehow makes me realize that I can go out of my comfort zone. I just really hope that one fine day, I could just altogether pay for everything because my mom doesn't deserve the burden I put her through by making her pay some of my bills. It sucks guys. But I'm positive that one day, my hard work will finally pay off and be compensated rightly *naks*,

So there you go! Hope you liked my comeback post! I promise for more posts to come soon! :)

xoxo,
KAT

Comments

Popular Posts