GETTING READY FOR 2018


A planner has been an essential part of my life since college. It helped me get through the busiest days of my life. Ever since my first year of college, I never let a year pass without listing all my daily activities. This has probably been my mom's biggest influence on me: To be organized on my schedule and to keep track of what I do on a daily basis. 


Every year, I always look forward to my yearly planner shopping. For 2017 I got my very first Starbucks planner. I am not a big fan of all the fuss around the Starbucks' yearly planner. I believe that there are other planners more useful and economical than a planner that you gotta drink more than a dozen of coffee for *I'm not a coffee drinker by the way*. I only got myself this 2017's planner because of the simple yet elegant design. I also loved how it came with a pouch so I thought that for this year I'll give 'em a try. Now that my 2017 planner is coming to an end (ALL BATTERED AND TATTERED BECAUSE I ABUSE MY PLANNERS), I was on the hunt to find my 2018 buddy since the first week of December (Sobrang big deal ng planners sakin guys sorry). I saw Starbucks Ph's planner for 2018 and I just said NO immediately. I find their design too "commercial" and there is just too much going on so I chose to skip SB's 2018 planner. 


Fortunately, I went to Muji last month to check out their wide range of planners. I loved how simple and easy to the eyes their planners are so I immediately listed them as my top choice for my 2018 agenda. I also checked out other shops and online reviews but in the end, my heart just simply fell in love with Muji's so I bought their planner gift pack that comes with an envelope case and two pens for the price of Php 700. For me, the price is worth it since when I computed buying what's inside the gift set separately, it appeared to be more expensive (I value my money so I don't impulsively buy these kind of stuff lol). This Muji planner will serve as my work "scheduler". What I learned from my current planner as of this writing is that I WRITE TOO MUCH AND I DO SO MANY THINGS IN ONE DAY that I abuse my planner making it more look cramped and messy.


For my personal planner that I will use for my family and friends scheduler *HI GUYS, IM PRIORITIZING YOU THIS YEAR SO YEY ME* would be the 2018 Starbucks Singapore planner. This is an unplanned impulsive purchase. Before you judge me, let me explain first... While window shopping at Changi Airport during my recent Singapore trip (I promise to blog this SOON), I checked out their Starbucks branch out of nowhere not planning to buy anything. I saw this cute light blue book quietly lying around on their shelf then I was #Shookt to see how beautiful their planner is. I immediately asked the baristas on how can I get this planner *hoping that I can just simply purchase it without drinking a single cup of SB drink* then she told me that I could buy it for 28.90 sgd. I got my phone immediately and computed how much it cost. It is around Php 1,000 in our money. So being the planner geek that I am and after discerning (NAKS) if I would be using this and if I will get my money's worth with this purchase... of course, I bought it (thanks to my friend David for lending me some sgd) and went home happily. Guys, I SWEAR THEY DON'T MAKE A HUGE FUSS ABOUT THIS IN THEIR COUNTRY. Like as in, wapakels sila if SB got a new planner because they don't spend huge bucks just to buy these kind of stuff so they could social climb. CHAROT


Last but not the least, my mom got me a Mercury Drug notebook. I actually found out that this is not a planner with dates at all. It is basically just a journal/lined notebook that I can use for meetings and other blog shenanigans so I can draw on my dated planners lol. By the way, I love this notebook. I'll probably abuse this just like how I abuse all the planners I owned. *THANK YOU MOM*


So there you go, I'm all set and ready to conquer 2018. Honestly, I am a planner geek and guys, you can ask my boyfriend on this: I AM PRETTY MUCH THE OC-est PERSON WHEN IT COMES TO PLANNERS. So this year, I am blessed to have more than one planner so let's see how I can handle this very 'nakaka-pressure' responsibility. 



Of course though, more than what's in the outside, what is more important is the memories that I will write and jot down on these babies. I cannot wait to create many beautiful memories this 2018 just like what 2017 had for me. 

Also here's a tip: If you want to track your transactions easily and make the most out of your month/year, start using a planner. Even a simple one would do. It would make a huge change in your life. :)

xoxo,

Your planner geek... KAT 😂😂😂

PS: I cannot wait to share my Singapore blog!!! I promise to post it soon. I'll just edit first the tons of photos I took! ❤❤❤

Comments

Popular Posts