Random Musing 4: MY YEAR ROUNDUP AND ALL THE THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR


I’m writing this real time, on December 30, 2017—3:33pm, last SUNDAY of the year. I am seated in our dining area, having just finished an article for a website I’m contributing for and ultimately, realizing how blessed I am this 2017. No, my 2017 is not at all perfect. It was not awesome, to be honest. A lot of things happened. And looking back, I DON’T WANT TO GO THROUGH IT AT ALL AGAIN (worst was when I got hospitalized because of a bad infection… NEVER AGAIN TO THAT). A lot of battles have been fought and sacrifices were made—BUT, just like what happens to everything... ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL.

So as this year ends, I wanna channel my energy and focus on all the positivity and blessing I got this year. I think, I need to pat myself and tell my inner persona that for someone who went through a lot this year, I did a great job. Here are the highlight of my year and what I am grateful for:

10. MY CAREER PROGRESS

I have learned a lot when it comes to my work. I have put all my energy and effort to have that so-called “work-life balance”. I did my best to actually have some moments with my workmates without sacrificing my time for family, friends and loved one. It was a constant effort and I failed at some point but I must say, by the end of the year I am quite satisfied with what I have done. I also had a short and brief sideline which made me more mature in honoring commitments and taught me to manage my time wisely.

9. I GOT TO VISIT HONG KONG AND MACAU



This one is my favorite. Although this was my first ever out of the country without my family, I think this was the turning point in my life that taught me to be braver, more patient and understanding with others. I went to Hong Kong as part of our company’s anniversary and summer getaway so obviously I was with all my workmates. Honestly, I learned more about them than myself. But in the process, it established and tested my patience to be with other people because honestly, although not majority… some of them are a complete pain in the ass to travel with. I encountered all sorts of “kaartehan” and annoyance during this travel but I LEARNED TO BE WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE and adjust myself to unwanted situations. This trip will always be a memorable one and I cannot be thankful enough to our company and bosses for this fun 5-day trip!

8. I BECAME A PART OF WHEN IN MANILA.COM



Here’s a big leap of faith this year. I joined the When In Manila family! This was not my plan at all. I was just browsing around the interwebz and the next thing I knew, I am already one step away from being part of #WIM. I worked hard for this by the way. It was not handed to me on a silver platter. I passed a lot of articles, extracted all my efforts to produce good photos and basically answered all the questions given to me. All my hard work paid off when I started working for them as a writer-contributor. I have met a lot of new friends who are all fun to be with and I got to attend some fabulous articles and features which I all enjoyed. I also got to travel because of WIM! But you know what made me super thankful about this? I got to hone my passion for writing and unleash the creativity in me. Check out my articles here.



After going to Malaysia, we were sent to Singapore for another work which doesn’t feel like work at all because we lived like a legit tourist for 5 days. For this trip, I learned to be braver. Braver with talking to strangers. GUYS, DON’T BELIEVE WHEN THEY SAY DON’T TALK TO STRANGERS. JUST BE AWARE WHEN TALKING TO THEM BECAUSE THEY COULD HELP YOU A LOT WHEN YOU’RE IN A FOREIGN LAND. Anyway, with this trip, I got to try a lot of new things for me. From trying out a lot of unfamiliar foods and riding unfamiliar rides and bracing myself to do a lot of unusual things, this trip will always be one for the books as I am as fearless as possible--- except with pigballs tho. BIG NO. (I know I still owe you guys a day-to-day SG Trip blog!)

6. I GOT TO KNOW MYSELF MORE THIS YEAR THROUGH MY HOBBIES/PASSION


This year, I impulsively enrolled myself to a workshop and no regrets there. I am so happy to have revived my passion for the arts this year. From journaling to calligraphy to just simply doing random arts… this will always be my first love and I swear, this 2018 I will focus more on improving my craft and getting some "production" out of it. Also, I want to learn something new again this coming year so wait for that blog update *maybe not soon but sometime in 2018*. ALSO, PLEASE WAIT FOR A LAUNCH NEXT YEAR. THIS IS SOMETHING WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT.

5. I READ A FEW BOOKS THIS YEAR


This second half of 2017, I must say I have read a few good books. It may not be a lot but it has started my momentum for 2018. I wasn’t able to read as frequently as I used to but at least, I started reading. Actually, I started reading again to convince my boyfriend to start reading too. He is an occasional reader he used to be so “arte” on what he wanted to read. Now, we are both bibliophiles!!! I’m happy that we now share a great bond through reading. Honestly, he is now more persuasive in my reading habits… always checking out on me if I’ve read this book or what chapter am I on. We give great value to the knowledge we earn by reading books so I think it is awesome!

4. I PASSED THE CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION


This is probably the biggest plot twist of my 2017. I have taken the exam way back before officially graduating from college… with I must say, a lot of pressure in my shoulders and I failed. It didn’t matter to me back then. I was not even disappointed because I honestly, I just did it to make the people around me shut up. Bonus points daw kasi pumasa jan. Anyway, fast-forward to 2017, this time, I am more determined to pass the exams and I really put a lot of time, effort and money just to take the tests and after all the things I’ve been through WHILE UNDERGOING THE FREAKIN EXAM, I FINALLY PASSED! Guys, I am so happy. This is one of the biggest achievements of my life and I couldn’t be happier. I am now officially a professional hahaha lelz.

3. I STARTED TO BE HEALTHY


I grew physically a lot this year. Like legit fat. It has taken toll on my mental and emotional health. Of course on my physical health too. Being fat when I was a kid and being bullied a lot of times for my weight, gaining extra pounds is really a big deal for me. I lost my self-confidence and I developed a really bad case of insecurity (at least I admit that *roll eyes*). Just before the year ends, I didn’t wait for 2018 to come and start improving myself. I started to be healthy and made it a lifestyle. Right now, I am still in my journey to fitness, but I MUST SAY A LOT OF THINGS IMPROVED. FROM MY BREATHING TO MY STRENGTH I CAN DEFINITELY FEEL IT. The fats are still there though but my goal is not to be stick thin but to be sexy through BEING HEALTHY AND STRONG. GIRLS, REMEMBER THIS (one big lesson that I learned the hard way): BEING THIN IS NOT SEXY. UNLESS THAT’S YOUR NATURAL BUILT. BEING STRONG IN THE OTHER HAND IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL. IT WILL MAKE YOUR BODY IN A BETTER SHAPE.

2.  MY GROWTH AS A PERSON



I know I am not the mature-est person out there. I love being a kid. I love seeing things the way a child sees things. BUT, on the other hand, it may not be that evident but I think I have made more mature decisions in my life this year. I have also handled a lot of challenges and the likes in the most adulating way possible. I am still trying to get a hang of when it comes to my finances but I am getting there… slowly lelz. I have also learned to let go of the things that I cannot control and just live with what is in front of me instead of pushing myself to the things that I cannot hold. This is probably one of the biggest lessons and challenges in my life. Battling out my inner demons and actually relying on myself to be better. Not blaming others for all the unfortunate things and always seeing the POSITIVE side of this are habits that I gained this year.

1.    I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR MY “PAMILY”


Especially to my mom. She's not perfect (she still didn't cook for Noche Buena and now Media Noche and I'm hungry as I'm writing this) yet, she never fails to support me in everything that I do. I wouldn’t get through this year without her. Like she is the biggest biggest blessing in my life and I will always be grateful. From finances to my new endeavors to my travels and basically every single thing that I partake, she is always there. Providing, supporting and just simply loving me. Honestly, more than all the material things she’s given me this year, the most grateful for I am to her is probably her unconditional love. I will forever be blessed and thankful that my mom as my parent.


To my family, I guess this year, we’ve been stronger than ever… having occasional gatherings and rekindling our old bond, I will be always grateful to have them by my side… maybe not literally, but I know that they always got my back.


And of course, to my circle of friends who got smaller this year. No regrets in trimming them down this year because I know that my remaining friends are those who I really cherish and the best among the rest. I am beyond blessed to have them and although I wasn’t able to prioritize the squad this year, I know I am always in their hearts. And also, to my new found friends through the various activity I go to. 


Last but not the least, I’m thankful for my jowa and his family… for feeding me sumptuous home cooked meals. HAHA CHAROT (half meant tho). Seriously speaking, this guy has been with me all year round. Good and bad times. I’ll always be grateful.

If there’s one big thing that this year has taught me, it would be to be GENEROUS. GENEROUS IN GIVING LOVE, TIME AND EFFORT. Big thanks to the Man above for this awesome year. You are the one true STAR of my life. I will always be grateful to you. To God Be the Glory.

2017 signing off.


 xoxo,
KAT ❤šŸ‘„


Comments

Popular Posts