KATTRAVELS: #KALOKASQUAD GOES TO SINGAPORE!



Urgh, I cannot believe that I’ve already been to my 4th country this year. 2017 has been a year of travels for me. I’ve been to Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia… and now Singapore! I really won’t self-proclaim and call my self a traveler. I mean, yeah, I’ve traveled a lot this year both in local and international places but those are just spontaneous trips or I didn’t really shoulder all the expenses of those travels. I really am just blessed to be given all this opportunity to discover new and old places this 2017.

So my last country to visit this year is SINGAPORE! And what made this so fun? I was with my #KALOKASQUAD! Okay so here’s how we ended up in SG: We got a ticket to Asia’s Got Talent Season 2 Finale at Marina Bay Sands. Being the adventurous squad that we are, we immediately booked our ticket through Traveloka (We paid around Php 18,000 for the REGULAR round trip ticket via Singapore Airlines with a 30kg baggage allowance YAY!). We got a flight on December 13 and booked our return ticket to December 18. We don’t have any idea of what we will do once we arrive at the country. We got a list of places where we could go to but we don’t have a definite timeline on when or how we will go there.



So on December 13, 2017, we went to the airport unaware of what is ahead of us and checked-in for our flight. Fortunately, our Traveloka booking already includes our Php 1,620.00 travel tax so we didn’t need to line up to pay for it! HOORAY TO TRAVELOKA! SUPER TIME SAVER AND HASSLE-FREE!!! 

Changi Airport shenanigans with the #TravelingBarbie

Here's the #KALOKASQUAD! 
Follow us in Facebook guys: 

Okay, so enough with the excitement lol. Singapore Airlines is probably one of the best airlines I’ve tried out there. Way way better than PAL (na delayed nung Malaysia trip ko lol). Our flight wasn't delayed, the staff were super courteous, we didn’t have any trouble with the flights and everything was just a breeze. I ALSO LOVED THEIR FOOD (but of course I’ll never ever get the hang of airplane foods sorry).

Our first lunch at SG! (Yes, that's Donny Pangilinan okay) 

Upon arriving at Singapore, after having lunch in Park Royal, we stayed at one of our friend’s friend’s condo (GETS NIYO BA? LELZ) in Burlington Square which is by the way situated in the center of everything touristy in Singapore! 

Since we arrive at around noon time of December 13 in Singapore, we got the whole day as our free time. Then during the night time, we went to Capitol Theater to watch STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI!!! Okay, don’t judge me or anything DIE-HARD STAR WARS FANS, but this is the first time ever that I’ve watched a Star Wars film in my entire life. Not even in TV. Like I know right, why on Earth did I just watch this now… (Just like how I have not watched Lord of the Rings Trilogy until this holiday season--- special thanks to my BF who made me watch it during our lunch breaks and random date nights in Makati lol).


From L-R: Anthony and Donny Pangilinan (@donny_pangilinan), Me (@catrinakamille), David Laylo (@davidlayl), our Sir Jaych, Yves Bondoc (@bondoceverywhere)

During our almost 1 week stay in Singapore, I can say that we have truly immersed our self in this beautiful country. Honestly, Singapore is not a perfect country just like how most people made us think. Yes, it is a ‘FINE’ city but it is far from perfect. But you know what made it such a beautiful place to visit? Singapore has its own charm that we, in the Philippines cannot achieve. Of course, we have our own charm and all (there's no place like home ayt!)… But Singapore radiates this aura of a livable CITY. I am just so amazed the first time I stepped my foot on their land. Everything you’ll see is just amazing. The experiences you'll get to try are definitely one for the books. The city is both modern and traditional. Singapore is a fusion of city life and rural living. It has a magic that will captivate you once you’ve experienced their city first hand.


HERE'S A RUN DOWN OF OUR ITINERARY FOR THE TRIP:
December 13 - Arrival at Singapore, Capitol Theater
December 14 - Asia's Got Talent Finale, Marina Bay Sands
December 15 - Universal Studios Singapore Day!!!
December 16 - Bugis Center, National Design Center, National Library, Singapore Management University, Singapore Art Museum, Chijmes, Marina Bay Carnival, Merlion
December 17 - Chinatown, SEA Adventure, Gardens by the Bay
December 18 - Changi Airport



WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR SINGAPORE TRIP? WATCH OUT FOR OUR DETAILED TRIP BLOG! SO FOR NOW, LET ME LEAVE YOU HANGING FOR A WHILE AND DO WAIT FOR OUR DAILY SINGAPORE ADVENTURES 
(PROMISE, WE NEVER RUN OUT OF ADVENTURES)


xoxo,
KAT ❤✈


PS: I will start watching the STAR WARS movie series okay. Hahahah!

Comments

Popular Posts