Shine Forth


Just Love. 
How to start this post? I have no idea. But I'll start it anyway because I want to share how God's amazing love can make all things new. 

I didn't plan to make my Lenten holiday break extravagant or fun. I just want to get enough sleep and ample time to rest. After long weeks of continuous work with only two days rest every week, I said to myself that I deserve some break. And rest did I received. Rest for God. The only plan I made this Lenten season is to join my churchmates' yearly Alay Lakad. I really don't mind walking from SM Megamall to Antipolo just to commemorate Jesus' heroic deed of saving us. After almost 12 hours of walking, resting is the best thing that I could do. As I was planning to sleep for a whole day and channel my inner Jesus by resurrecting on Easter Sunday it seems like God planned something else for me. 

My supposed Saturday off was postponed and my weekend hibernation plan was interrupted by a 4:30am calltime because I got the chance to serve in one of the biggest events in our church community which is the Grand Easter Feast. I served as an usher and greeter during the event... Which is surreal and nerve-wracking because I have minimal experience in this ministry. AND I AM A VERY SHY AND AWKWARD PERSON *d lang halata okay?*. Honestly, I thought it was easy. I mean I can see my churchmates do it in our church every week. It didn't look that challenging. But experiencing it myself, in one of the biggest arena in our country proved to me that it was not a piece of cake. Standing for a whole day, greeting people, running around and giving all my energy shouting "Happy Easter! Welcome to the Feast" or saying "Thank you for coming" to all those thousands of attendees... Oh gosh, my inner introvert self shouts: IM GONNA DIEEE *cries in Spanish*! But God has His ways to take me out of my comfort zone and put me.. ON THE SPOT... on my courage zone. 

From planning to be a couch potato, to making my break special and meaningful, all I can say is thank you God. Thank you God for making my week productive. Thank you for giving me the chance to serve you and shower you with my love. Thank you for making me step out of my comfort zone. Thank you for making me conquer my fears. Thank you because for a short period of time, you assured me that I am worthy. Worthy to serve you and worthy to make you shine by doing the best that I could do to bring people closer to you. And I promise, this won't be the last time that I will step out of my comfort zone just to serve you. Thank you Lord for making my vacation an extraordinary one. I will always love you. Today and all the days of my life. Thank you my Lord, all the glory is yours. 

xoxo,

KAT

Comments

Popular Posts