Monthly Round Up: JANUARY 2019 (Disappointments, Trust Issues, Taking it Slow)


Hong Kong, 2017

HEYAH! What’s up.

I’ve been delaying to update my blog for quite some time now. One of my goals this year is to give more time in doing the things that I love and so far, I’m still stuck in my procrastination stage. Well, I’m just being honest here but my creative juices are starting to drain in my brain lol.


Well, let me give you a brief rundown of what happened the past month:

One is we celebrated New Year in B Hotel Q.C. which was fun and was definitely a much-needed breather from everything that happened last year. Then I attended a few events before joining a program. Then, I finally went to the 2 weeks program that I prayed for which was awesome and definitely full of fun memories (separate blog for this) and we joined another bazaar which ran for 2 days! YAY and NAY!

I’m actually happy that I got my rhythm back since finishing the 2 weeks program but at the same time, I’m having a hard time coping up with the tasks all at once. It’s funny how I am now more conscious to be mindful of what I am doing after practicing what I learned from my daily devotional. After the first month of 2019 ended, I made a fast conscious effort to look back on what I’ve learned during the month of January so let me share it with you and I hope it helps to get our lives together:

5. TAKE EVERYTHING ONE STEP AT A TIME.

I’ve been everywhere since last year. I’ve been vlogging, blogging, writing articles, working a full-time job, and managing my time to bond more with my family and friends. I can’t do everything all at once and to be honest, last year, I barely saw my friends and all my shenanigans put a huge dent in my bank account. No complaints there though, true friends will understand me and my wallet will replenish itself. What matters is, I learned to balance everything. This year, I am taking everything one step at a time. I need to break all my tasks down and make sure that no two things happen at the same time. If I need to take it slow, I’ll do it.

4. IT’S OKAY TO TAKE IT SLOW

Speaking of needing to take it slow, I surely need to do this more often. I know that time is ticking and it is running out. I’ve got deadlines to meet and goals to achieve but that doesn’t mean that I need to rush everything. I have to take it slow in order to ensure the quality of my outputs. I need to do things at my own pace. It doesn’t matter how fast it is or how long it will take me to finish something, as long as I am doing it and I know that I’ll finish it on time, then I’m good. The more I rush things, the more its quality suffers.

3. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE PERFECT

Yes, this is connected to #4— the more I rush things, the more it’s quality suffers. And I don’t want that to happen because believe me or not, I want the best results in everything that I do. And it gives me a hard time when I am not satisfied with the outcome of my task. It just doesn’t feel right and I AM WRONG. One thing that I learned this January is everything doesn’t have to be perfect. What matters is that I gave my best. Nothing in this world is perfect so if I try to achieve that standard, I will never be done with what I am doing.

2. BE MINDFUL OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU

This is my number one problem. I know that I am caring and thoughtful (yas naman naks) but it seems like when it comes to other people’s feelings I am always awkward. I can’t tell if they are hungry or if they are annoyed by me or if they are happy to be around me. I just don’t get 'em most of the time. Especially with my friends. It’s like I’m always solving a puzzle. And I think I should be more observant on their emotions and actions in order to know them more.

1. TRUST.

Simple word— easy to say, hard to do. If there’s one BIG lesson that I learned last month, it’s to TRUST MORE. Trust that stranger, trust that person, trust the process, trust yourself. I have HUGE trust issues in my entire life. Probably because of traumatic experiences in the past but this is just one of the major personal issues that I face most of the time. But this January 2019, I learned to let go and let God. More than anything or anyone in this world, the number one person that I never lose my to is Him. And to be honest, he proved it to me a million times so last month, I learned to loosen up and just go with it. And guess what, before I learned to trust others, I trusted myself first. And now, I guess I’m okay. I’m getting there to being more open and more trusting.

So there you go! I hope you liked this random entry that I typed at 12:45 in the morning. I just want to kick start writing on my blog again so whatever time it is, I want the flow to keep going so I can make my first blog for January as sincere as possible.

I have a few topics lined up for the next couple of months and I can’t wait to share them to y'all! Especially my APYE experience! I just have to wait for the images to be developed before I start doing my entry about it.

For now, let me know your thoughts about this latest update! You know the drill, I’m just one message away!

PS: Sorry for the lack of photos in this entry. I just honestly want everything to be out of my mind and I can’t look for photos anymore at this time of the night.

XOXO,

KAT 💋

Comments

Popular Posts