Random Musing 9: Life Update + Dealing with always getting SICK!

Credit: https://hello-flannelfox.tumblr.com/post/183727467484

I am currently at home, ignoring the world, dealing with a bad tummy and a terrible headache. I'm not feeling well, to be honest, but I'll be okay.


Starting June, the rainy season comes in and my immune system just simply leave my body. For the past few months, I’ve been sick for quite several times. Just a few weeks ago, I caught a fever after biking to work. After that, I haven’t been biking to work again because I got colds, flu, and my cough have been gone for only a week.

Aside from the normal sickness that I get, I also deal with my asthma from time to time. It doesn’t attack me as often as before but you know, it’s still there and won’t go anywhere so there are times when I badly need to catch my breath (like when I tried biking to work), and when it is too cold. I feel it creeping up to me every time I feel so cold. I just know that it’s there because I’m getting an uncontrollable shiver especially when I’m at the office. Speaking of the office, I also noticed how my rhinitis acts up quite many times this past few weeks. Every morning, I always sneeze uncontrollably for 2-3 times. That happened for a few straight days for at least 2 weeks I think or 3? They badly need to clean up the air con in our office or at least the atmosphere because I can honestly feel the dust that triggers my rhinitis.

To be honest, me being sickly has been normal for me now. Throughout my entire lifetime, I always get sick especially because my stomach is pretty weak. This is the result of my mom taking care so much of me when I was a baby and her being OCD about everything she intakes while pregnant of me. So it’s no surprise at all that the sensitivity I got manifested now that I am older. I’ve been taking A LOT— AS IN A LOT of vitamin c nowadays and trust me, I chugged 5 liters of vitamin c juice the past week but I guess this weather just sucks so much and all my effort doesn’t work. Aside from drinking a lot of vitamin c, I also used to drink a lot of smoothies that I make in our house but since I forgot my smoothie tumbler, I haven’t been making them for a few days now. Anyway, enough of my gross kwentos about being sick.

Today (Aug 9), is the birthday of my best friend. We’ve been friends since high school (i have a lot of long term relationships btw) and I can’t believe that I can’t greet him personally this year or at least give him a gift for his birthday because he is now in Canada. I badly miss him because he’s literally the big brother I never had and we are pretty close since he just lives super near my house (but we still rarely see each other unless I BUG him a lot). Him being near me all the time even if we don’t see each other often gives me the sense of security that you know, I have a friend that I can call if anything happens to me (which I tried once and it was chaotic) and knowing that we are miles away from each other somehow makes me feel sad. Also, aside from his birthday, it’s my cousin’s birthday on Sunday but I don’t wanna talk about it anymore because I’m still pissed with how things turned out about her celebration and I’m just letting it go.

Anyway, for July and this first half of August, I didn’t have a lot of events. I purposely didn’t get a lot of events because I wanna take a break and relax for a bit. When I write for events, the more that I write, the quality of my output somewhat suffers and I don’t like that happening especially to my articles. I don’t wanna submit a half baked article just for the sake of submitting it. I admit, there are some articles that I made that is half baked so I decided to lie low and spend time with my family first. I enjoy hanging out with my mom nowadays except for the fact that we spend so much money when we’re together. But despite that factor of being bad for each other’s financial situation, I love it when she cooks homemade food for me.

Nothing much has been happening to me these past few months and I am thankful for that. There is a lot in my mind right now like career-wise and as much as I wanna share more about this, I’ll probably talk about it once I’ve sorted it out. Also, I’m going out of the country soon (next week) and although it’s a business trip and I’m not looking forward to it, I still wanna see what’s in store for me in that country. I wonder if I can blog about it or I’ll find something to blog there but like what I said, it’s purely a business trip and no sightseeing or touristy stuff will happen there.

I have never found value in taking a break until now. It’s about time that we use our time wisely. I can’t wait for my next blog and also, I might be uploading a vlog soon. I’m just trying to figure out how to edit my next vlog and also, I need to fix my hard drive soon.

See y’all on my next one! I know this is a random blog, but this is the most real you get in knowing me more :)

XOXO,
Kat 💋

Comments

Popular Posts