kaTV Commune: A New Diet In Town


There's a new diet in town.


This is the diet that will make you lose your mind instead of pounds.

Charot!

Santa Clarita Diet is one of the newest Netflix Originals which premiered last February 3, 2017, and has 10 episodes. Okay, so I'm new to this Netflix world since I've only been using it for the past 3 months (Thanks to my mom) and this is the 3rd series that I watched (First was Shooter and then Riverdale-- which totally unimpressed me). So far, setting my expectations at an average level, I actually loved this show! It's a mixture of fun, charming and gore. It has all the elements that you're looking for in a show... Except for one thing: HORROR. It's not terrifying at all which is understandable since it's not a horror or a thriller show. I love its charm and simple story. Nothing complicated. Santa Clarita Diet is the show that you should watch when you're having a day off and just want to relax and chill without watching crappy over-the-top production TV shows. I swear the gruesome element of this show will make you hooked. 

Drew Barrymore captured viewers' heart by being the living-dead that she is. It seems like the character of a loving and career-driven mom suits her well; but I must say, being a living-dead who feeds on human flesh made her shine more in this show *she's comedic and creepy*. Then there's Timothy Olyphant... The guy who I had no idea whom he is until the day that I started this series. He was awesome I must say. He's my favorite character in this show. His chemistry with Drew Barrymore is impeccably great, making their tandem work on-screen. Honestly, sometimes I forget that they are just acting. Haha! Timothy Olyphant is a good comic relief after all the gruesome feeding of Drew. 

Anyway, Don't expect too much with this show. It is simple as it is and I think that what makes Santa Clarita Diet special. It has its own charm that will captivate you. You won't get bored and you definitely won't have a hard time binge watching this series since each episode only has 30 mins running time (max). And by the way, THE ENDING.... IT WAS THE WORST SEASON ENDER.... THEY LEFT EVERYONE HANGING BY THE EDGE OF A CLIFF WITH THAT ENDING SO IF YOU'LL START WATCHING, I'M WARNING YOU...

YOU MIGHT GO INTO HAVOC. 

I can't wait for SEASON 2! *I'm quite sure there'll be another season since I will go wicked once they decided not to have one*



XOXO,
Kat

Comments

Popular Posts