Want Something #MoreThanJustGelato? + Valentine's Date Idea!!! ~You can thank me later~


Valentine's Day is coming up. Although I don't really go big on this kind of occasion, I guess, as a girl, I would gladly like to help guys out there when it comes to planning this special day. My guy knows that I don’t mind skipping Valentine’s Day. We don’t make it a big deal coz as he said “we should make every day Valentine's day” so there’s no point in celebrating something that we celebrate every single day whether we are together or not. Anyway, I dedicate this blog post to all my “tropa”, “bros” and “kuyas” out there. Actually, I got more guy friends than girl friends so I guess, this blog can help them in planning out a date.

Note to guys: PLEASE, I’M DEDICATING THIS TO YOU. Don’t make your girl think on Vday. It’s stressful and annoying when your guy doesn’t know where he’ll take you. PLAN OUT DUDES. MAKE EFFORT. BE THOUGHTFUL.

I pretty much know The Fort’s best-kept secrets. Living in this city for a decent amount of time familiarized me with where to go and how to go here and there. What people don’t know is that there is one more hidden secret BGC has to offer. GelatoFix, located at BGC Corporate Center on 30th street is actually ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO HAVE A DATE.  


It's basically a new store in town so I am not surprised if only a few people know this place. If you’re the kind of guy who doesn’t want anything fancy but doesn’t want to appear cheap to your date, this is the go-to place that I will definitely recommend. It has a laid-back ambiance, friendly staff and a broad variety of menu. Don’t let the name fool you… I must say, GelatoFix is definitely MORE THAN JUST GELATO.



I stumbled upon this place when we had a meeting near the area. It is not in the center of everything but it is NEAR the overcrowded High Street. I am 101% sure that restaurants at High Street will be packed with people when the big V day comes around so if you want to dine in a chill and less crowded place, you can check out this resto just near Fullybooked and Seda Hotel (You can check out their Facebook page here).


You know what I love about this place? THE FOOD IS SUPERB.


Obviously, GELATO is their flagship product. But when I say that all their foods are on point, guys, I am not kidding. I haven’t tried a food here that I didn’t like (except for their salad with a weird dressing… I’m not a big fan of that). They serve all-day breakfast for as early as 7 am. 

Farmer's Platter (Php 380)

Smoked and Scrambled (Php 320)

They got a promo wherein when you order a breakfast meal from 7am to 10am
you'll get a free Americano coffee!

I personally liked the Farmer’s Platter since it has everything that I want for my breakfast plate. It gives me the right amount to be energized for my whole day. I also love their Smoked and Scrambled breakfast plate. It has a perfectly cooked pink salmon which makes my mornings brighter and more fun!

If you are having a date with your girl, don’t make her eat a salad. That’s just the saddest thing that a girl has to go to (LOL). ORDER HER A NACHO SUPREMO. It’s good for sharing so you get to take a bite too. I LOVE THE SPICY-NESS OF THIS DISH! I swear I can feel the jalapenos burning my tongue… In the best possible way.

Nacho Supremo (Php 250)

If you guys are a meat eater (girls love their meat too okay… or maybe that’s just me but whatever), you should try their MAINS


This is my favorite part of the menu. Bro, the protein in their selections are superb… They won’t serve you anything that won’t satisfy you. My favorite here is their BIG BIRD meal. 

Big Bird (Php 295)

It is served with rice and delicious gravy and honey as a dip. You should mix the gravy and honey together since it goes perfectly with their fried super big chicken. I can’t finish this meal alone though. They got other variety of mains and I must say, I love everything. What I particularly love about Gelatofix is that they slow cook their meats well so when served, you know it is fresh... straight out of the pot and cooked precisely for the Filipino taste bud. Wanna know how I actually learned this? My mom taught me how to spot a freshly cooked meal compared to those meals that are pre-heated. 

Beef Pot Roast (Php 390)

Chef's Special Italian Beef Stew (Php 455)

She also taught me how to spot if a meat was slowly cooked. It’s all about the tenderness and texture of the beef or pork that is served so I gotta say, I have high standards when it comes to food and GelatoFix definitely passed this.


If you guys are more on the healthier side and don’t really wanna enjoy your meal by skipping the meats (JUST KIDDING), you can opt for something lighter and dainty. They got SUPERB pasta ready for your carbo cravings. I haven’t tried all their pasta (I’ve tried everything in their mains though) but I love the Spaghetti Bolognese and Spaghetti Prawn Apricot

Spaghetti Prawn Apricot (Php 325)

Spaghetti Caprese (Php 325)

Spaghetti Classic Pesto (Php 285)

Surprisingly, I didn’t really think that I will love the Prawn Apricot. It has this weird citrusy scent that I didn’t like much when it comes to my pasta because I like my kinds of pasta straight to the point and very traditionally Italian. But what a surprise, once I tasted this, I was amazed by how well the orange-y flavor mixed with its salty taste and complimented the prawns well. And guys, HINDI NILA KAYO TITIPIRIN SA SHRIMPS! My seafood loving self is happy to eat the prawns. I guess the death of those prawns is worth it!!! #JusticeServed for them (ang weird ko sorry). Anyway, I always love Spaghetti Bolognese so no brainer here why I love their version hehe!

Guys, they also got some variety of pizza which is shareable for 2 or more people. So obviously, this is not just a place ideal for date nights or date lunches… You can also go here with your friends or families (lalo na pag loner kayo or single dejoke lang peace yow). 

This is a best seller!!! The Carne Asada Pizza (Php 355)

Chicken BBQ Pizza (Php 335)

Everything on their menu is shareable unless matakaw you guys don’t wanna share. But here’s a fair warning: you won’t get satisfied with their rice. I guess it’s too small for one serving. But the viand makes up for it. Kumbaga ulam pa lang, busog ka na. But if you are a rice person (I am not so I really don’t care), bring your own extra rice. Char! But you can if you want. No one is stopping you. I mean it’s not your fault naman if you really love rice so no judgments lol.

Anyway, if you don’t have a kadate this Valentine’s BUT, you have a ka-MU or you are courting someone, guys, don’t trust people who say diamonds are a girl’s best friend. It is not. Girls can live without that. You know what’s our best friend? ICE CREAM






A CHOCOLATE FLAVORED ICE CREAM. GelatoFix offers a takeout box for your pint of premium gelato. 



Their gelato is superb. Once you have tasted their gelatos, you will never go back to your ordinary ice cream shop. DEFINITELY, A MUST TRY. I am 101% sure that once you gave a pint to the girl you are wooing, you’ll get that instant “YES”! Easy-peasy right?


Here is their flagship gelato: THE GELATO SUSHI which everyone is talking about!



So there you go! I hope you can go and check out this place. I am sure you guys will enjoy your date when you try out this place. Enjoy your Valentines and feel free to leave some comments below on how your dates went!

xoxo,
KAT ❤

GELATOFIX, BGC
BGC Corporate Center, 30th St, Taguig, Metro Manila
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GelatofixPhilippines/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gelatofixphilippines/

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK THEM OUT ON HONESTBEE:


Comments

Popular Posts