BEST DATE NIGHT EVER + HOW EBE DANCEL MADE ME CRY!!!



"When we move to the left, then we move to the right
Forward and then backward till the moment's gone we all fade away"


I rarely, as in rarely stay up late just to watch a gig or have a fun gimmick night. I guess the last time I stayed up late inside a bar is when my cousin and I watched a Parokya ni Edgar gig in 12 Monkeys. When I stay late outside during weekdays, it’s either I’m eating with friends or my bf, I watched a fab movie (with a very late showing) or I am playing at Timezone (no judgments please). Well, this time the reason why I am still inside a bar at 12 midnight is that of Ebe Dancel. You know, the guy from Sugarfree. I AM A HUGE FAN OF HIS. HUGE IS ACTUALLY AN UNDERSTATEMENT. HAHA! So for the first time everrr on my blog… let me share with you how our date night went (I’m only sharing this because of Ebe. Don’t expect another “date” post anytime soon lol).


So one day, while scrolling through Facebook, I suddenly saw Ebe Dancel’s post announcing that he will have a gig at 12 Monkey for the 15th anniversary of Sugarfree’s album “SA WAKAS”.


The first thing I did was chat my bf asking if he is willing to watch Ebe live. It is one of our ‘bucketlists’ to watch Ebe live. GUYS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF A FAN I AM. When he said yes, he is willing to come, I immediately booked a table in 12 Monkeys (which after a few moments got fully booked!!!).


Leading to the day of his concert I was anxious and excited. I kept bugging telling my bf that WE SHOULD BE THERE EARLY AND ALL (imagine all the stress he got from me HAHA). Even when I’m home, I would still message him asking if he is excited and what should we order and we should wear something nice HAHAHAH!

When the gig day came, I didn’t eat anything heavy and I also didn’t go to the gym (which I regularly go to). Imagine my sacrifice HAHA! I was so excited that I made sure I finished all my tasks on time. I put on a decent makeup and I really dressed up for the occasion. I went to my bf’s office building excitedly (his office is nearer to EDSA than mine) and once I got there I immediately booked an UBER. Okay, so because I am so excited, I booked an OVERPRICED Uber due to the traffic and rain (ugh SURGE) but realized we should just have taken the MRT instead of me having anxiety attack inside the UBER because our reservation will be forfeited when we don’t arrive at 9 pm (Thank you to the receptionist of 12 Monkeys for giving us a consideration and extending our reservation till 9:30 pm and thank you Uber driver for actually taking short cuts instead of following waste ugh WAZE). EDSA TRAFFIC SUCKS BIG TIME. 

Our table was priced at Php 3,000 but consumable with food and drinks. I ordered everything I want, no holds barred. In all fairness, 12 Monkeys’ foods are SUPERB. I loved everything (except for the mango juice that they served me… more like water juice)… The only problem was that it took them SUPER LOOOONG to serve us our orders (we consumed all the Php 3,000 primarily with foods because we are not really drinkers… imagine how much we ate that night).

Super yummy "Tusok-Tusok Platter" and "Orange Chicken"

The Shawarma Pizza was oh-so healthy... BUT I ALMOST PUNCHED SOMEONE BECAUSE SHE CLUMSILY DROPPED OUR PIZZA ON THE FLOOR WHICH WAS NOT EVEN HALF FINISHED!!! I WAS SO PISSED huhu #PoorPizza #JusticeForMYPizza

The highlight of my night finally happened when Ebe started playing “Sa Wakas” songs. All my favorites were played by Ebe. He was sucha nice guy. As in. Super nice that I can’t even describe how nice was nice. That’s why I love him. He is so down to earth and so kind. He played my faves from the album which are Los Banos, Burnout and Mariposa (try listening to these songs). Although of course being a big fan, I LOVE ALL HIS SONGS.

Then the funny thing happened. 


I thought that he won’t play my ultimate favorite song which is “Bawat Daan” because he made it clear to us that he will ONLY play songs from the album. I love that song so much I already memorized the lyrics. It’s one of my top Spotify songs for 2017 (lol). My bf knows how much I love that song and he knows that I always love hearing it live when I’m with him (Ayie kilig yan). When he started strumming, I IMMEDIATELY KNEW THAT IT’S THE SONG THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. I CRIED. SERIOUSLY. JUST WHEN THE TEARS FELL FROM MY EYES, I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT THAT SHOOT--- I’M WEARING AN EYELINER AND MASCARA!!! Maybelline (for the mascara) and Fashion 21 (for the eyeliner) proved to me that their products are super worth it coz it is waterproof and smudge proof hahaha! I literally cried the whole time he was singing that song and I kinda think that I embarrassed my bf for crying at our table HAHA!

Ebe, all in all, played almost 22 songs I think since he granted our request that he should play Burnout. Just before he played another song, he called out on stage his old bandmate, Buddy. Such a treat for us fans because they jammed to one of the Sugarfree hits. I must say, our Php 3,000 is super worth it. The kuripot in me is happy to spend some cash for that gig!


Ebe is one of the most real and most sincere OPM artist out there. I know, I only love a few OPM artists but that doesn’t mean that OPM is dead. He is a living proof that OPM is NOT BADUY and definitely NOT DEAD.

Anyway, thank you to my bf for being with me in this sucha momentous event. I will forever cherish this date (NAKS!). Here is us, enjoying and living in the moment while jamming to his hit songs. (Side note: Dear Fellow Millenials, stop recording gigs/concerts. How can you actually enjoy the moment if you are busy on Snapchat or IG Story? Snap a few photos then drop your phones okay?! Upload things later!!!!)

Thank you Bandawagon.asia for this photo (by the way guys, we got featured in their website, check out this link: https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/ebe-dancel-15-years-sugarfree-sa-wakas-anniversary-12-monkeys-photo-gallery)

You can still catch him live when he finally announces the second leg of his “SA WAKAS” gig. Hope you can watch him too and experience the Ebe magic. Feel free to follow his Facebook page and Instagram account for announcements!



PS: Sorry I wasn't able to take great photos. I was busy living in the moment 😉 

xoxo,
Kat ❤

Comments

Popular Posts