My Favorite Season of the Year: ART FAIR 2018



After a million years and a few blog posts along the way, I finally got the chance to talk about Art Fair 2018! I promised you guys that I’ll be posting an Art Fair Ph blog soon and here it is. I know this is long over due. I only got a few photos from the fair since I was trying to absorb all the amazing artworks that I saw that during our visit. So far, this year’s Art Fair Ph was definitely bigger and bolder than the previous years.

The Link Carpark was instantly turned into a huge art gallery just for this event. I’ve been going to Art Fair Ph since 2016. I still remember getting all giddy and excited to go to my very first Art Fair Ph visit and I can’t believe that I have religiously visited the event for three consecutive years! YAY ME!

Kudos to this year's organizers. Everything was so organized and there are no long queue to torture us this year!

During the first two Art Fairs that I have attended, as far as I can remember, I think they only have three floors for the whole duration of the exhibit. This year, I think they got 5 huge floors to house the artworks of different amazing Filipino artists out there. I always look forward to seeing Ben Cab’s works at the Art Fair since I am such a fan of his works. I wasn’t able to take a photo of his work this year because I prioritized my internal absorption of the work rather than taking a photo of it for the blog but nevertheless, it was amazing as always. I also love that this year’s Art Fair has a specific section for photographs. I think this was the only element missing during the past few years and finally, they included photography as part of the exhibits.


The whole fair was actually so amazing that I haven't realized that I am walking for 4 straight hours already until the time when I need to stop because I can feel my legs going numb and thankfully, my Habibi bought me a REALLY REALLY DELICIOUS FRUITY DANISH BREAD WHICH I REALLY LOVED (it has fresh Kiwi, Peaches, Mango, Strawberry, and Dragonfruit-- PURE HEAVEN!). I was even contemplating if I'm going to buy the pastry myself because it was kinda pricey but I really love danish breads and thank God my Habibi volunteered to treat me. Of course, I obliged... who am I to refuse (Pabebe pa ba ko ee gutom na ko lol)!

Anyway, enough with my ramblings, let me just take you to a virtual tour of SOME of the pieces that I loved at Art Fair Ph 2018:

I love how this art installation gives me some creepy vibes. I always believe that you will know how great an artist is when he or she can make you feel different emotions with just one glance at their artwork. 

I have a fascination with alien art. 

One of my favorite photographs at the photography part of the exhibit. They are the Datus in Mindao. 

Another favorite where the subjects are the elders of Ifugao.


This is one of the photographs that struck me most. It was taken during the aftermath of typhoon Yolanda.

A sneak peek of the state at a mental institution here in our country. 

I always love the book booths during Art Fair. I always find rare titles here. Although I cannot buy them, seeing them gives me a sense of happiness.


I have seen this painting last year. This one of my top faves. 

They got a whisky bar at the middle floor. No free taste and I am not at all interested to drink while at an art exhibit lol.

I always love paper boats so this is an instant favorite of mine. 

Kidlat Tahimik's art installation

Perfect depiction of EDSA traffic. Anyway, everything is made with Hot Wheels.


The OCD in me is happy to see this!!! I LOVE HOW CLEAN IT LOOKED.

Another striking installation.

I find this artwork super cool... and weird haha




What I love about Art Fair Ph is that they never fail to mesmerize both my EYES AND MIND. I love how every artwork presented during the exhibit was some sort of an eye opener and mind-boggling mystery. Although there are explanations of every art exhibited, it is still fun to think about the meaning behind the works thoroughly. I also love telling my jowa how the artwork was made  (even though he is not asking about it and I really doubt if he even cares lol) because it broadens my art-mats knowledge. I love looking at every art work's strokes and techniques used just to create meaningful and powerful art. 

This year's fair was a little bit pricier than the past few years but IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. Every single moment I spent inside that car park-turned-art gallery was just pure happiness. I always loved going to museum basically everywhere and anywhere may it be a museum in our country or in other countries, so Art Fair Ph for me is a big deal and it is something that I always look forward to every year.

I honestly can't wait for 2019's Art Fair Ph because every year they just get bigger and bigger and I am always ecstatic with what's in store for me every year! 

Till my next Art Fair blog!
Would you want to come with me on next year's Art Fair Philippines?

xoxo,
KAT 💓🎨

Comments

Popular Posts