Here's Why I'm Leaving My Job: Dahil Advance Ako Mag-Isip



Hi guys! I’m back after another long hiatus. I know, I kept on saying that I’ll give more time for this blog but life has other plans for me. A lot of things happened since my last blog and I must say, these happenings led to this moment. Honestly speaking, despite the ups and downs of my life, I am truly blessed to be doing what I want and still surviving. I miss writing on this blog so much. I miss writing for myself freely. As you all know, I’ve been contributing to one of the major blog sites in our country and I must say I’m having the time of my life doing what I love the most. But yeah, there are times that I miss writing without anyone editing my thoughts and just simply blurting out whatever I want to say without boxing myself to a certain topic. I am grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way and I would never take this for granted.

But for now, let’s sit back, relax and let's talk about LIFE.


Right now, I’m sitting at my office desk along with my workmates. My earphones are blurting out an OPM song that I really like (Simpleng Tao by Gloc 9 if you may ask). I just finished writing a very passionate article about a topic that I fully supports (I’ll put the link HERE once published) and today is my last day of work here in our company. I’ve been with this company for 2 years and 5 months now. You see, I value my time very much and I like using it for valuable causes. 2 years and 5 months. Wow. I cannot believe that I was able to share my talent and time to this company for 2 years and 5 months. In that span of time, I learned a lot, shed quite a number of tears, went to travel around our neighboring countries, met a lot of memorable and crappy people, ate tons of carbs, and met a bunch of people that I know will extend their stay in my life even after the 2 years and 5 months.


I honestly and sincerely learned to love this company. For me, working here is not just working with officemates but with an extended family too. I have nothing negative to say about this place and its people. I learned more knowledge and wisdom from this company more than the things I learned back in college. It’s surreal and overwhelming that right now, a few hours before finally leaving this place, I am evaluating myself and my stay here. In this company, I learned to work hard and love what I am doing. I learned to talk to people and go way beyond my limits. I experienced my first time traveling alone without my family in this place. I went to different places out of my comfort zone and interacted with different kinds of people--- from clients to strangers to foreigners to famous personalities, name it and I experienced it. I also learned more about myself in this place. Could you believe that once in my life, I hated the subjected Advertising in college and now I ended up loving what I’m doing in this industry? I literally went beyond what I could do and for that, I am thankful for this company and to my boss for giving me this courage to get out of my comfort zone.


Maybe by now, you are wondering why I would leave a place and environment that I loved so much. Well, the answer is simple: I AM CHALLENGING MYSELF. For 2 years and 5 months, I learned so much that I became too comfortable in what I’m doing. Don’t get me wrong, I still have so much to learn. My knowledge in this field is not even 10% of what most people expert in this work know. But I’m gonna be honest; I let my guards down and learned to adapt to the point that I no longer have the drive to challenge myself more. I know, this seems like a ‘millennial’ and very ‘entitled’ thing to say for someone so young like me but I don’t want myself to be comfortable. Being comfortable for me means that I am not willing to deepen my knowledge more. And that’s what I don’t want to happen.

You see, I am an ambitious person. Every single day of my life, I would think plenty of ideas on how to be successful in life. I always have a goal. And sitting in this office chair won’t help me achieve those goals. I need to step out of the box, challenge myself and start thriving hard.

Let’s get to the point now. I am the person who doesn’t want to end up like everybody else. Yes, I want to have a family someday. Yes, I want to get married at this certain age (matagal pa so wag na kayo macurious sa kung anong age ko gusto) and have kids in the future but that’s not all for me. That’s not the end game. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against stay at home housewives. I salute all our mommies out there running the household and hands-on taking care of their kids but that’s not the future that I see for myself. 

Recently, I kept asking myself about how do I want to see my life in a few years’ time. I repeatedly asked that question to myself until the day came and I finally got a clear view of my answer...

In a few years’ time, I see myself as someone who has an established business where I will be my own boss. Maybe I’ll find more time writing as this is my passion but I still want my own business to sustain myself. I’ll start running our foundation and all my mom has to do is to watch from the sidelines and be proud of the organization that she founded. I want to be an influence on my brother and to other kids out there that life is not just about posting in their social media accounts and counting how many likes they got in one post. I want to come to this point in life where I won’t need to ask my mom for some extra money... all we have to do is get our passports and go on a fabulous cruise tour without depending on anyone to give us some money to book our trip (we never booked a trip that we know we couldn't pay for okayyy so don't get that statement wrong lol). I want to achieve this point in my life where even though I get to marry someone, I won’t need to ask for my husband’s money for my own luxuries and pleasure. I want to be able to stand all by myself with or without anyone helping me. I want to inspire people and leave a legacy that they will never forget. I want to build a family that doesn’t depend on day jobs and payrolls. I want my kids to live comfortably without worrying if their parents got some money to support them YET I want to see them grow every day. It would be my pleasure to cultivate my kids to grow gracefully and with good morals without worrying where my husband and I will get their food to eat every day. I want to build a house that is simple yet elegant with a library inside. When I’m done doing all these things and I know that my future kids will have a bright future, then I can say, that’s finally my end game.

In other words... I WANT TO BE MY MOM. (HAHAH! Sa dami kong sinabi, yon lang pala yon)


Call me ambitious--- I’ll take it positively. But this is me. Living in the real world will knock your head to dream big and aim for higher goals. Struggling to live in our third world country helped motivate me to go beyond my limits and never settle for less. Maybe this is my way of loving myself--- to never settle for less. If other people are content with being stuck at the office or in their homes, well not me. I want to show the world how a woman could be so successful through persevering and standing on her own. 

Take my being jobless state as the first step in achieving everything that I just said. It doesn’t matter if I’m too old now to start plotting my goals. Success doesn’t have a number. All you have to do is to do you. Remember, Obama ended his political career at 55 while Trump started his at 70. Your pace isn’t anyone’s pace. You may be down now but that doesn’t mean you can’t go up. Carry your experiences and look back at them when you’re feeling down or you’re feeling way up high. Make this your “weights” to help you keep your feet on the ground as you take your steps in that so-called ladder of success.

Ahhhh, the feeling of writing my thoughts again. Such a pleasure to my well-being. I hope you guys enjoyed this lengthy entry. I’ll be doing this quite often now. I won’t promise though I’ll just do it. Haha!


What can you say about my newest blog entry? Feel free to comment your thoughts below! Share your goals with me!

Let's get that goal!
💓 KAT 

Comments

Popular Posts