Random Musing 6: Life Update + Confessions of Being a Netflix Addict



Hiiii guys! It’s been a while since my last blog which talked about me leaving my work. Well, a few weeks have passed and it’s almost (emphasis on ALMOST) a month since I left my job. If you think that leaving my previous company will give me more time to sort things out, surprise! You’re wrong.

I want to update my blog and vlog as much as I can but things have been fast-paced for me nowadays and obviously, I lost track of time. I’ve been prioritizing certain aspects in my career life along with doing my best to balance relationships as a priority because family is forever and of course I try to squeeze in some time with bae so as much as possible, I want my precious time and energy to be spent well.


I honestly wouldn’t call myself a busy person. Using the word ‘busy’ entails a responsibility to the person who used the term. I don’t want to tag my state in life today as ‘busy’ because truth to be told, I am not 100% productive all the time. I got some down time which of course, I need for myself and for my personal life (aka family and bae) to keep my sanity intact. Also, I need my Netflix time people!!! Being busy for me means getting your things and goals running and done. Of course, I haven’t reached my goals yet but I can proudly say that it is already running so for now I’ll just settle for the word ‘hectic’.

Anyway, yes, I still write for When In Manila because it is where I hone my passion for writing but let me say this upfront, my articles would be fewer these coming months because of 1. I need to fix my schedule seriously and 2. I’m trying to make do with my Windows XP Laptop *which still lags from time to time* hehe. Also, I am starting to sort out our foundation and upcoming business along with other tasks to accomplish. Whew. Busy? NO. I still got time to do some Netflix and attend our D-Group and do other things that make me happy. Hectic? YES. DEFINITELY HECTIC.


Speaking of Netflix, I’ve been obsessing over the streaming app for quite some months now to the point that I willingly subscribed to them on top of my monthly bill. I stopped watching TV since my boyfriend and I ranted about how crappy the news is nowadays. It took me some time to get used in not turning on the TV when I get home because as you all know, I live alone in our Taguig condo and there’s just too much silence going on when the TV is off but this past month, I was able to make it a habit that when I get home, I immediately fix what needs to be fixed and I just turn on my Netflix when I am ready for bed (okay, bad habit but it works for me because after watching, I sleep immediately). I love a lot of Netflix shows. I am particularly fond of action series like Designated Survivor and Shooter but I also love a really few drama shows like The Crown and Riverdale. But what really stood out among all the series that I watched were 13 Reasons Why and Black Mirror.


My boyfriend and I love Black Mirror. I usually download a lot of its episode so that when we meet anywhere, we can watch an episode or two without WIFI. What I absolutely love about Black Mirror is how it plays with your mind. It has random twists and turns that you don’t see in a typical series. My favorite episodes so far are San Junipero, Hated in the Nation, Fifteen Million Merits and Be Right Back. So far, we are on our way to Season 4 and I’m scared to finish it because there is no news about the Season 5 yet. Black Mirror shows how technology, beneficial to us today, could actually destroy our future if abused. They emphasize that yes, technology is useful but it is us who are irresponsibly using it and one day when the time comes, it will destroy our humanity.


Another favorite (honestly, I am a huge fan of this series) is 13 Reasons Why. Aside from its incredible soundtrack from season 1 to season 2 (super recommended playlist in Spotify tbh), the story itself is realistic and eye-opening. Depression has always been a taboo issue not just in other countries but here in the Philippines. I once heard someone say that depression is just ‘gawa gawa’ by doctors so they could sell medicines and so that people who are depressed could get some attention. This series shows what typically happens to teenagers. I may not be a teenager but it related to me as well because abuse, rape, suicide, etc. happens to people and it should be addressed. It shows that when you are depressed, you basically cannot think straight. Nothing is rational anymore. Not even prayer can save you (not that I’m saying that you shouldn’t pray--- you should… but you need to bravely face your issues). Back then, I was wondering why people got so many negative things to say about this show and of course, I got curious. Now that I have watched it, I know why. People are scared to face that this is the reality of life. People are afraid to seek help because others will judge them and just say: ‘dasalan mo lang yan’ or ‘nagiinarte lang yan’. Well, time to face the truth people. This show slapped you in the face with what is happening. Life is not a fairytale. People get depressed. People are not good all the time. And we should all know that.


I am at the point of my life where I appreciate all the good, bad, big, and small things happening to me. These Netflix shows made appreciate my life more. Yes, who would have thought that watching Netflix is actually beneficial to someone. Right now, after everything I said, I can proudly say that I am happy with what I’m doing. Nope, I won’t say that I’m satisfied or contented but at least I’m happy. This life update shows me that I am getting progress. I may be far from my goals and dreams but I am working on it. Another ‘pahabol’ update--- I am also trying so hard to handle my finances well. I’ll blog about this when I know that I’m making progress in this aspect of my life but yeah, let this blog be my accountability post.

Also, I just want to share this update to tell everyone that it is never too late to start dreaming big and chase your goals. Writing this life update is not just for me to validate myself that I am getting progress but also for those who can read this and feels like life got nothing in store for them anymore. Whoever you are reading this, trust me, it gets better. Maybe not always better but at least you experience LIFE and it's lessons. 

I hope that in my next few blogs I can feature something nice or exciting for you guys. But for now, let’s make do of my life updates first alright? I promise my next one would be fun! AND BY THE WAY, MY BESTFRIEND AND I WILL BE HAVING A GIVEAWAY SOON (so that's probably what my next blog is about)--- STAY TUNED AND FOLLOW @MyHungryLens on Instagram and Wandering Panda on Facebook so you could join. πŸ’•

Adios!

Hugs,
KAT πŸ’‹

Ps: If you are wondering, I always write my blogs LIVE (same day posting of write-ups). So nope, I don’t have pending posts in my draft pile. You gotta wait until I can find some time to squeeze another entry 😎

Comments

Popular Posts