#AdultingChronicles: HOUSE CLEANING PSYCHOLOGICAL STRUGGLES


As y’all know, I live alone here in our Taguig house and honestly, I rarely clean here. It’s pretty much low maintenance and since I only go home here during non-working hours, I don’t have a lot of things going on. I don’t have visitors too (introvert me kicks in) so I honestly don’t care about how the house looks like. But believe it or not, I am quite OC when it comes to my kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. For the living room area, I use our couch as my ‘THE CHAIR’ where I randomly put a lot of stuff so that I can easily grab them on my way out. 



I always make it a point that my kitchen is always dry. It doesn’t have to be perfect since I rarely cook (I am a messy cook) but when it comes to my bathroom and bedroom, it’s a whole new level of perfection. 

It’s annoying how my bathroom gets so dirty easily. Sometimes it tires me to clean it up so I just clean it when it is really really dirty (but from now on, I’ll try to clean it at least once a month) and even though I seldom clean it up, I AM SO PARTICULAR ON HOW WILL I CLEAN IT. I spend at least a whole day just to clean everything especially the tiles. I brush it off as if it’s my day’s work out and I make sure that after everything, it is squeaky clean and fresh. 

When it comes to my bedroom, however, my OCness level hits its peak. I LOVE CLEANING MY ROOM. I make it a point to at least clean it every month. This is non-negotiable. I like my room to be hotel-like so when you enter my room (as if naman pwede lol), you will smell a citrus and eucalyptus scent coming from my sheets. I have my own system for cleaning up my room. Just like how I clean my bathroom, no one as in NO ONE can touch anything from my room when I am cleaning. Even when my mom was here only I can clean it up. I make it a point that when I sleep in my room, I am relaxed. 


My bathroom and bedroom always smell fresh because of this linen spray from Juana Scent. It smells like fresh orange, eucalyptus, and fresh sea air. What I liked the most about this linen spray though is how it is made from scratch making each scent unique from the others. I spray it in my room before sleeping and after cleaning up. It helps me sleep peacefully along with my mom’s Himalayan salt lamp and I swear, no matter what hotel room I go to, I always miss my room because of it. 


If you want your own dose of freshness in a bottle for your homes, you can order here: www.facebook.com/juanaartcafe/ (will update this link once up na ung isang page)

You getting one too? Comment below what scent do you want for your rooms.

Xoxo,
KAT 💖

Comments

Popular Posts