Monthly Round Up: FEBRUARY (Random musings, Leaving social media platforms, Life updates)


Photo from Pinterest

HEYAH! I know it's already more than half of March but who cares right? Here's a round up of my Februaryyyy!

It’s me again, back from her long blog hiatus. I hate not writing for myself. It’s crazy how I always loved writing here on my blog but I can’t seem to just let the words flow to me every time I open my laptop.

But just a quick update, I’ve been reorganizing my daily routine again since the year started and so far, I’m keeping track of my 2 planners (one for personal, one for events and one for work lol). I just found out that having separate planners makes everything more organized and efficient for me. Don’t worry; the other 2 planners are not fancy. My work planner actually is free from one of the shops I bought gifts last December. My events planner, however, is just the Php 60 notebook from Muji’s sale last year lol.  So far, I’m trying so hard to get my life together for the first quarter of 2019.

I’m back at vlogging (I’m not yet done editing my recent trip’s videos tho) and I have a few contents lined up for both my blog and vlog. If you’ve been following my social media accounts especially Facebook, you’ll know that I’ve been up to so many things lately and I’m literally everywhere. There are times when I just want to shut down my blog and discontinue my Youtube channel since I know I’m not updating enough. I don’t even update my Instagram account more often (update: I started updating my IG again this March and I'm back at posting lol).

Well, I just can’t let go of this blogging platform. I mean, yeah, I can leave Youtube anytime since I don’t have that much of followers in that platform but this blog, this is probably where you can get to know me most. I wanna say that my Instagram can say much about me however that platform has been very toxic for me. It’s like I had an Instagram trauma from all things that I had to go through in that platform.

I know. Trauma is such a huge word but I dunno how this happened or how I came to this point in my life but I hate Instagram. I can hear your voices screaming at me: WHY KAT?! WHY!?

Well, I don’t know. It’s just that my trust issue got worst because of that platform and I know, I’m a creative at heart and I used to enjoy curating my feed and look at all these bright and sunny photos to inspire my creative juices but instead of that, things got worst and now, I’m here thinking of shutting it down. But I know I can’t because I have to post some work stuff there and updates about the events that I usually attend.  It’s actually completely pointless to keep my IG account active but what can I do? It’s like my online portfolio of sorts.  And every single time I open my Instagram it’s like I’m drowning and I can’t breathe. Yes. That is what I’m exactly feeling.

Anyway, aside from IG, I’m also thinking of shutting down my Facebook. But of course, this is more impossible since this is what feeds me. I live in a life where social media literally puts food on my table and I have no choice but to do it.

Don’t get me wrong though. I love doing what I am doing now. I’ve been in the digital field for 3 years now and I know I’m not stopping anytime soon. Aside from making a huge career shift is not feasible for me now, I also learned to love what I am doing. And I truly do. But today, I’m gonna show you the downside of literally living and breathing in this digital world.

Whether you like it or not, we’ll know things that you don’t know of. I can basically hack your Instagram account without even logging in to your account. Just by a click on my laptop, I’ll know every single thing you search in the platform. Not just on Instagram though but on Facebook too. I wake up and basically do social media 16 hours a day. A lesser time during weekends. Imagine all the negativity I’m taking in every single day. During my downtime at work, I try to do other things like read an article or research about art on Google. Sometimes, I watch those few seconds cooking videos or dogs. But at the end of the day, I’m still back at my newsfeed, looking at some new trends or probably some issues that might interest the brands I’m handling.

I try so hard not to do much on social media when I get home but lo and behold, someone tags me at this post and I have to look at it and be courteous enough to respond to people’s messages and stuff. It’s tiring and draining. A few weeks ago, I just finished watching the series FRIENDS and it saddens me. You see, this social media has its side effects. I don’t know if it’s bad or not but since I’m tired of dealing with all the dramas in these different platforms, I put my energy on distracting myself from feeling insecure, unconfident, stressed and pretty much all the negative vibes I get from Facebook and Instagram to Netflix. I am a hardcore Netflix addict. I watched the whole 10 seasons of Friends for 2 months. I know. What the F am I doing right? But what can I do? I know I can read and do other stuff but that is pretty mundane to me. Though books are entertaining to me, I can’t really bring ‘em anywhere I go especially when I have events. So that’s out of the question (I added tons of books to my ‘to read’ pile so you know what I’ll be doing after Friends) and rationale. I’ve become a Netflix dependent to the point that I asked my mom to remove our condo’s cable because it just became a senseless thing sitting in our living room.

Now that I’m done with my series and I’m off to a new one (lol), I’m focusing my energy to reading more books by finishing my GOT series. Nothing sparks my interest on Netflix nowadays and I wanna rest my eyes from watching too much so I’m planning to build a dainty reading nook at our condo just so I could be inspired to read more. Sounds exciting for my new books and me.

To be honest, I’m at the verge of shutting down all my social media and just vanish from socializing for a while now. It’s like I’ve maximized my extroverted-ness limits this past couple of months and I need to recharge that side of me and be a natural introvert once again. I’m thinking of shutting down my Instagram once and for all (goodbye to my efforte-d feed) and I’m thinking of uninstalling my Facebook app on my phone. But who am I kidding, I can’t do that. All I need to do is put my phone down, pick up my book, make some smoothie or hot cocoa and shut the world down. These coming days, if you don’t see me updating my social media accounts, expect me to be updating this blog and my Youtube channel. I’m finally at that stage in life where I’m tired of complaining and tired of feeling uneasy and worthless with what social media is presenting us. 

I’m basically tired of feeling obligated to go online for nonsense reasons (Work not included okay I love my job lol) but there’s no one who can fix this than me, myself, and I. Next time you open your social media applications, remember to only do what will make you feel better. If you’re about to post something negative or toxic to people, please be reminded that there is someone out there, who is just like me, taking in what you’re doing.

TILL THE NEXT POST!

SPREAD LOVE AND GOOD VIBES. 👌

PS: By the time this post is up, my social media platforms are squeaky clean. Don’t worry, I’m fine. I just need to purge everything and it’s the best feeling ever.

xoxo,
KAT 💋


Comments

Popular Posts