BLOGmas Day 3: Being Surprised by my Spotify #2020Wrapped

 


Just like everyone else, I always look forward to the yearly #wrapped reports of Spotify. I love how accurate is the analytics of Spotify every single year. However, I am quite surprised with myself about the report that the streaming platform sent me yesterday. 

For someone who loves OPM and lives in the Philippines, my top 100 songs on Spotify looked like a student's playlist who lives in a state college dorm somewhere in the western hemisphere of the world who loves to vlog and talk to people--- which I'm not. 

But in my defense, TAYLOR FREAKING SWIFT RELEASED AMAZING MUSIC THIS YEAR! All my top songs are from her album Lover which was released last year and mind you if Folklore only released a little earlier this year, I'm sure, Exile and The 1 is part of my top songs! I used to love Taylor Swift in my younger years but I lost interest in her during the Red and Reputation era, with all the beef that she's been getting into. Of course, I was young back then, and looking for another favorite artist is easy for me so I didn't bother to pay attention to those albums but darn, T.S. surely did gain back all the fans she lost this 2019 and 2020 because Lover and Folklore is her best album yet next to her Fearless era (in my opinion lang naman noh, don't fight me lol). 

To be honest though, among the artists in my top 5, I'm still wondering why Justin Bieber is included there. Is this because I streamed his 2 songs every day for almost 2 weeks? Ugh, I don't even like him HAHA! 

The last thing that I want to discuss is my PODCAST CHOICES!!! I only listened to 4 podcasts this year because, well, I'm not a podcast person and my attention span in this medium is quite short, but I LOVE THESE PODCASTS! 

My most favorite, as you can see, is Wake Up With Jim and Saab. They are a husband and wife tandem who usually talks about anything in pop culture, current affairs, and #adultlife. We also have an exclusive group with my fellow Podsibs and they are the best! Feel free to check them out on Spotify, I swear, they have the most relatable podcast ever lol.

I always loved listening to music, as you can see in this report from the streaming app. To be honest, I have no idea how I can even survive this year without music so I thank the tech saints and gods for giving us a lot of accessible ways to listen to our favorite music. 

By the way, I also listened a lot to Blackpink this year and I am a proud Blink now. Do they have initiations to be called a Blink? Or does memorizing all their songs and MV can help me be accepted in their fandom? 

If someone wants to gift me Blackpink's "The Album" this Christmas, or maybe Taylor's Folklore album in vinyl, I will gladly accept it and cry of happiness. Thankyouverymuch.

Also, just so you know, I'll be having specific topics this BLOGmas on my entries as I asked on Instagram about what would interest my friends to read on my blog so watch out if your suggestions got picked, alright? 

See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts