#KatTravels: A Place Where You Can Find Peace (BAGUIO PART 3)


Finally here’s the last blog for my #KatTravels: BAGUIO 2018 series!

This Baguio trip has been a memorable one. Maybe because it’s my mom and I’s first Baguio trip without anyone else but us. This is something that I will always look back to even when my hair is grey. Of course, I wouldn’t let our trip pass by without showing one of Benguet’s hidden gem to my momma.

I'm guessing this is Ben Cab's house? Hehe or maybe I'll ask next time and update the blog.

This is my second time in this place but it never fails to charm me. It still got that peaceful and tranquil ambiance which I fell in love with. Despite all the tourists visiting this place, it’s actually amazing how they get to preserve its serenity and sincerity with art and nature.


Visiting this place again is very special to me.  Having some moment of silence, being surrounded by nature and art is my favorite past time. I love visiting museums, parks, etc. so imagine my happiness every time I go to this place. Ben Cab museum is nothing close to grandeur. It is plain and simple. It has gigantic doors to welcome its visitor. It has a simple shop, a small reception area and lots of stairs. 3 floors going down to be exact. Each floor is decorated with different artists’ paintings. Outside, there is a huge garden where kids can play around and run freely (just watch out for your kids okay). You can also get some eco-tour around the eco trail (I hope in my third visit I could try this) and go around the property. If you’ll ask me what I like about this museum my answer is pretty simple. Its simplicity and inaccessibility. Bes, effort pumunta dito. Going here is honestly not that easy. It takes effort, patience and time (exactly what you need in a relationship HAHA CHAR). All the vital values that we need in order to live. If you’re going to commute going here, oh, good luck dear. I rarely see a jeep pass by this place. If you’re going to take a cab, ready your patience and some money (depends where you came from) but if you choose to bring your own car, oh my, be prepared for everything. That’s what I like about this place. It is an adventure that would teach you lessons. You gotta earn the place. The place won't mind if you visit them or not. It's your lost not Ben Cab's because once you’ve arrived in this place, you will be rewarded by its peaceful simplicity. And I must say, IT IS WORTH IT. Staring at all the artworks all day, making you feel like you’re in a dimension outside the cruel world even for a while can refuel your soul and passion. Simply inhaling the smell of nature, all natural… no smoke, no pollution, no noise, no distraction, no radiation… or signal: PRICELESS.

For now, let me give you a sneak peek of what you can expect once you decided to visit Ben Cab museum:








LETTERS FROM TAWANG IS THIS SEASON'S SPECIAL EXHIBIT. It runs till April 1, 2018.




Here's my mom enjoying the a-hrts

The exotic art part of the gallery

Here's one of my favorite painting. It shows how happy Filipinos are.

This art work somehow reminds me of my papa

Cafe Isabel. 
I always imagine myself sketching inside their cafe while looking outside the marvelous view of nature.

HERE ARE SOME "AYUSIN MO YONG TRIPOD KATRINA PARA MAGANDA UNG PICTURE" KIND OF PHOTOS OF ME AND MY MOM: 




UNG NANAY KO LANG UNG MAGANDA SA MGA PICTURES BECAUSE I'M THE TRIPOD CAMERA CLICKER.

These are her photos after I gave up of taking decent pictures of  US:



So there goes our Ben Cab museum trip. Honestly, these photos did not justify how beautiful that place is. To Mr. Ben Cab, you are my hero. If I could only buy your coffee table books and all, I would have done it but I'm just a middle class girl trying to live her life to the fullest so next time na lang ako bibili ng merch mo okay? But anyhow, thank you so much for bringing your artwork closer to people. Thank you for this place that you share with us. It is truly amazing how one place can be someone's special hideaway. 

Continue inspiring people Mr. Benedicto Cabrera. Your art inspires a lot of Filipinos.





TILL WE MEET AGAIN, BAGUIO!

Did you enjoy my Baguio series? Tell me what place do you want to visit in Baguio once you got a chance to go here.

xoxo,
Kat ❤💋

Comments

Popular Posts