#KATTRAVELS: IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME (BAGUIO PART 2)



Spending almost half of my life going up to Baguio every year when I was younger, I have collected enough memories in my head that I can replay anytime I want wherever I am. And what I liked about these memories or moments is that my papa is still very much alive in it. Oh, the perks of living a simple life. I enjoy recounting my memories through story-telling. I don’t have my own camera back then. I was just a kid simply enjoying the simplicity of life and I’m glad that I actually experienced the best moments in life without any technological distractions.

Going back to PMA after a few years and first time without my papa is quite weird. I felt happiness and excitement but at the same time, I also got sad at some points. While we were in the whole ordain I sometimes imagine what it feels like if my papa is still alive and we’re back at PMA. I think, aside from his farm, this is his favorite place. 


I remember seeing him laugh and enjoy himself with his "mistahs" (this is what PMA batchmates call each other) back then. I would just watch them and wait while he and my mom socialize with their friends. I even vividly remember having "ates" and "kuyas" as playmates (their friends’ sons/daughters) and I frequently come with them to explore some parts of the academy. Honestly speaking, I can’t remember the faces nor the names of those ates and kuyas (sorry hehe) but I always remember the memories of my childhood. Those play times and all those running around the trees. I even remember one fun event when the whole class was having a picnic lunch and they asked my mom to sing a song (Killing Me Softly is the title) and I just enjoyed myself watching her while I beam with pride along with my papa HAHA! I’m not sure if they still remember that but yes I do.


I am more than happy to see my parents’ friends. I think they have been a big part of my life. Somehow, they are part of who I am today. Since I was a kid I’ve been seeing them and I must say I’ve never seen a friendship as strong as Maagap Class 73’s relationship with each other. I mean, of course, it’s not perfect. No friendship is perfect. But their unity and camaraderie, I think it’s one of the best that I have witnessed in my entire lifetime. I honestly love seeing all my titos get-together in one room. No matter how sleepy I am or weird their stories are, I enjoyed listening and watching them since I was a kid and until now. Just imagine my joy seeing them back together. They may not be complete and it’s weird not to see my papa with them but still, I’m glad that they continue to have each other’s backs.

Anyway, let me share with you my PMA day photo diary. Unfortunately, I don’t have a photo of the Maagap Class ’73 gentlemen. I was quite sure I took a decent photo of them during our lunch but I don’t know where it went. I think I accidentally deleted it (sorry mom) or maybe the file got corrupted or something. Huhu I feel sad but it’s fine with me though, I got its HD copy in my mind.

Enjoy the photos!

My mom with the wives a.k.a. titas :)

Near this chapel is a tree house. Sorry I failed taking a picture of it but that's the tree house that I used to climb when I'm bored during the ceremonies haha!



I have a picture here during my younger days. Also on those other two airplanes hehe!


Here's the start of the parade. Okay I'll be honest here in my blog. I fell asleep during our entire trip going here (because I got motion sickness during our entire Baguio trip) and during the opening ceremony/speeches. When I learned that Pres. Duterte won't be here as a speaker, sorry but I lost interest on what they were talking about. I was like this since I was a kid. So basically, nothing really changed. Mula noon hanggang ngayon, #TEAMTULOG forever. BUT I WOKE UP JUST IN TIME FOR THE PARADE AND I CHEERED FOR THE CLASS HEHE *subtly though coz I was groggy*. 



COURAGE. INTEGRITY. LOYALTY. I hope normal schools around the metro teaches these principles to their students so that the youth of today could instill some good manners and right conduct and PROPER DISCIPLINE. I swear, PMA graduates are one of the best graduates out there. They go out with discipline, pride, and good morals. Except Trillanes though. He's a shame lol. *Okay, this is my last political statement here promise*

My favorite part of the homecoming is when a student marches really really fast to the point that I could see all the dust in the air flying. Till now, I still don't know how those people walk fast hehe.




Here's the MAAGAP CLASS '73. All classes in PMA are named after different Filipino positive traits/characteristics. I'm glad that they are called Maagap. Sorry but no room for Filipino time here. Hehe. 


I've been seeing them since I was a kid. Through thick and thin, they've been friends with each other . Everyone of them have been our family friend too. And when my papa died, they got my mom's back. I will always be thankful for these people and I will always be happy to see them. Somehow, every time I see them, I always remember my roots and they somewhat keep my feet on the ground because they themselves are full of humility. 



Here's the Melchor Hall. I think this is their main building. I remember I used to sneak inside when I was younger and try to sit at one of their students' chairs hehe. 

So that's all for my Baguio blog part 2. This is my favorite day during our short trip. I am glad to be part of this year's homecoming and it is definitely one for the books. Actually, I don't have a ton of photos during our entire Baguio trip. I only have a handful so sorry if I can't really upload anything on my Facebook since everything is already here in my blog. I ALSO DON'T USE MY PHONE TO TAKE PHOTOS. I just use it for some daily photo updates (honestly, my mom loves it when I upload pretty photos of her in my Facebook hehe). But for my entire trip in Baguio, I just used my new camera and took photos of those moments that I wanna share. I still got a lot of photos in my mind though so yeah, I take care of that more than the physical ones hehe. Please pray that I don't get amnesia or some brain damage or else everything will be gone HAHA what am I talking about? 

Stay tuned for the last part of my Baguio blog!!! And also, I still got some pending posts to upload. I just wanna finish my Baguio series for now and be ready for more fun sharing! (I can't wait to share my 3rd Art Fair experience)

xoxo,
KAT ❤

Comments

Popular Posts