BLOGmas Day 15 & 16: The Irishman Hype & Keeping The Momentum


Hello! Mabuhay! Kamusta kayo today?

As you can see, we have another combined BLOGmas days again. I was supposed to write an entry yesterday but I woke up very late and nothing much happened. I just went out to grab some hair conditioner and use the GC that I got from one of the restaurants here in BGC. After that, I went home immediately and watched a Netflix film.


I finally got my much-needed sleep break yesterday because I've been lacking some zzzzz the past week. I've been lacking some sleep for quite some time now and finally, I got to sleep in till 2 pm HAHA. After errands and dinner, I went back home to watch The Irishman.

I've been wanting to see this movie since Netflix dropped its trailer started to promote the film. I love Robert De Niro and Al Pacino but I love Al more because I am a huge fan of The Godfather haha. I watched the whole trilogy for almost a million times (okay, medj OA, probably more than 20 times?) and I want to see Robert De Niro and Al Pacino together so I am hyped!

Imagine finishing an almost 4 hours movie in one day. Most people would think that it will be boring at some point but this movie did not disappoint. I love mafia movies and I don't mind watching it any time of the day. Thank goodness, the 4 hours of my life is worth it because the movie is so satisfying and wonderfully made. I cannot believe that the actors who portrayed Russel, Frank, and Jimmy are all past their golden ages! Like what I've said, I love The Godfather so I saw Robert De Niro portray the young Vito Corleon during his prime years. Of course, I saw Al Pacino progressed over his mafia years. I even got to watch Scarface too. However, it was the first time that I watched Joe Pesci and it is refreshing and mesmerizing to watch him in the film too. Guys, can you believe that these three actors are already 76-79 years old? Joe and Robert are both 76 years old while Al is 79. And they portrayed people as young as 39 years old? They are unbelievable! Martin Scorsese did a fabulous job in working with these talented legends for a movie. The film itself; the story, how it was presented, everything... it is a work of art. And I cannot stop raving about the color grading. Whoever did that, I wanna give him or her a long hug for a job well done! Everything is aesthetically pleasing for the kind of genre they showed.


I also love the character development they gave to everyone. The whole movie didn't feel dragging at all. Anyway, I also watched The Irishman Conversations which came with it and gosh, I badly want to be in that table talking to Joe, Rob, Al, and Martin about the movie. I would passionately tell them how much I loved it. I would love to talk about the mafia, gangster, or whatever action films they would want to talk about. It's like watching philosophers talk to each other for a whole 23 minutes about making films, giving life to stories, and executing the perfect mafia movie. Ah, what a dream. Of course, with their age and my current status in life, that would be impossible but I'm still hoping that someday... one day... while walking in the streets of Hollywood, hopefully, I can talk to one of them and tell them how great they are.

Lastly, I just want to say that Robert De Niro is a living treasure. We must protect him at all costs. How can someone portray many faces in his entire lifetime? He made me cry in The Bucketlist, made me laugh in The Intern... and Meet The Fockers (HAHA), and now, made me so #shookt at The Irishman. This guy... he is just... amazing. I love you Bob! (And AL hehe)

Anyway, I had my period today... so I don't have much to tell about what happened to me today. I even don't want to write an entry too but that would ruin the momentum since not writing for 3 BLOGmas days would lose my trail of thoughts. I would want to keep this going as we only have a few more days before CHRISTMAS!!! I am so excited to eat what my mom would prepare that day.

Hope y'all like this entry or atleast read till the end.

PS: The Irishman currently boasts a rating of 8.2/10 on IMDB, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 94% on Metacritic as of this writing. 

Peace Out!

Love,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts