BLOGmas Day 23: Ending the Day with A Happy Heart


Today, we had a mini early Christmas celebration with our extended family. Ate Rhea, who is my cousin, along with her husband Kuya Ian and three cute kids went here at our Laguna house with Mommy and Daddy who are her parents. They are from my mama's side of the family and Mommy Wilma is her eldest sister. Among all our relatives, they are the people that we are close with and have constant communication. We also invited my Naynay, my mama's youngest sister but we are expecting her and her daughter, my cousin Micka, tomorrow as my Naynay has work duties.


I am so happy to see that Ate Rhea came with my Mommy Wilma and Daddy Rene here in Laguna. Its been quite a while since we had a family dinner this huge. The last time we ate altogether was last year when we stopped by their house in La Union before going to Baguio. Mommy and Daddy are both based in La Union making it hard for me to see them often.

When I was growing up, since they only have one daughter, I would often sleep over to their house and come along with their Baguio trips. I even spent my after graduation celebration with them when I graduated from college. They tagged me along to their beach trip one Holy Week and its one of my favorite beach trips to this day. They both spoiled me when I was younger with a lot of toys and food haha. They also gave me a lot of love when I was still a kid, and till now so I consider them as my second parents along with my mom's other siblings like my Naynay and Auntie Lagring. Like what I've said, it's been a while since I last saw them so this year is extra special and happy because of their visit.


Seeing them grow old, I want to make them feel my love by giving them gifts too. My gifts may be simple but I picked it out especially for my Mommy and Daddy as I want them to remember me even though I'm not always around to show my love. When I saw them today, we bonded over food, as usual, and some laughs. I told them a lot of what I have become and I'm happy to see them smiling as my mama and I tell them stories. Our celebration is simple. They brought over some cooked foods too which added to our take out from a pizza parlor. But what made it extremely special is seeing them so happy with us. I also love that they got to bond with me and my brother, along with their grandsons because you can just see how happy they are to see them play around with my brother.


Today, I realized how time flies so fast. Seeing them old makes my heart sad because I want to spend more time with them. Even when I see my Lola when I'm here in Laguna, I always make it a point to hug her because as time flies, the number of days that they are around me grows shorter. The moment I saw my Mommy and Daddy, I immediately kissed them. As we bid goodbye to each other after our little celebration, I badly want to visit them often in La Union. Unfortunately, life is catching up with me and I can't do that often these days. I know I might regret it someday, but I promise, once I got a car and means to go to their house in La Union often, I would gladly do it. Maybe one day, when life gets better I will visit them and have them come with me for a beach staycation in La Union.

Tomorrow is another day, and finally, it is Christmas!!! I hope that Naynay and Micka can come tomorrow so I can give them my gifts too and we can all celebrate Noche Buena.

My BLOGmas is also coming to an end soon. It's been a fun journey which I will look back in the years to come.

See you guys again tomorrow. Enjoy the festivities!

Love,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts