BLOGmas Day 6 & 7: Office Comeback & A Day Full of Foodzzz



HELLLLLLLLOOOOO PIPOLZZZ!!!

I finally went back to work yesterday so nothing much happened except for the fact that I missed my desk and our overly cold aircon. Also, I was surprised when I arrived at the office and my secret Santa gave me 6 liters of Absolute drinking water as a Kris Kringle gift. Well, our Kris Kringle theme for the week is something embarrassing that you cannot bring in public and although obviously, I cannot bring--- or carry it in public places, I love the gift! HHAHAHA. I'm not sure if the secret Santa thought that I need to drink more water or he just really want me to exercise by carrying it with me on my way home (I left the gift in the office) but I appreciate it. I guess I'll just drink my water right at my desk. No need to go to the pantry anymore haha.





Anyway, nothing much happened yesterday which is why I decided to merge it with my BLOGmas today. We had a Christmas party at the restaurant right beside our office. No, not beside the building but exactly the door next to our office. It was a nice and intimate party where I got to bond with my officemates. I cannot believe that I missed being surrounded by them and despite my being such an introvert inside the office, I got to exert some effort to have fun with them. Also, there were a lot of drinks because of the restaurant's open bar.



I tried drinking 1 cup of Heineken beer but decided not to finish it because I can feel that I might get drunk with that cup since I just finished my antibiotics and its been a long while since I last drank some alcohol. I don't wanna go home tipsy or drunk so after drinking a few sips of the beer, I drowned it immediately with water and settled with eating all the food they served us.


I went home earlier than most of my officemates, which is my habit. I always go home early during office days and even during office parties because I get sleepy immediately during weekdays and I wanna conserve my energy for the weekend.


For today's happenings, my mom and I woke up late with me going out of bed at 1 pm. Weekends for me are recharge days which is why I don't mind not waking up early. Except, today, we were not able to go to St. Luke's anymore for my mom's laboratory and ended up being late for her dentist's appointment in Quezon City. Q.C. is so far from our home and the traffic was just terrible for a Saturday. Well, no surprise there, traffic has always been horrible every day. After my mom's appointment, we went to a mall there to save time and shopped a little. My mom got me sweatpants and leggings which I know I'll use every day of my life because I love comfortable clothes. After our mini shopping trip, we had dinner at Aristocrat and boy, I ATE A LOT.

Aristocrat is my favorite Filipino restaurant. Actually it is my only favorite Filipino restaurant as of the moment (I still haven't tried Manam which is hyped a lot these days). I got myself 3 pcs chicken barbecue, their classic java rice which I happily indulged all by myself, a serving of Lumpiang Sariwa which I ate in just a few minutes, and Torta Delos Reyes which we had as a dessert at Starbucks. Man, I swear, this is one of the nights that I don't mind getting extra calories anymore. It felt like I'm in heaven with all the food that I ate.



After our Aristocrat dinner, I drove (yes I know how to drive but I don't know how to park) to Starbucks Reserve in Visayas Ave. This newly opened Starbucks is cozy and they got an amazing interior design. I also love their facade. I got my go-to drink which is Iced Caramel Macchiato but of course, not satisfied with their mix because I still love the PhilPlans one. We ate the dessert that we got at Aristocrat here which is the perfect pair for our coffee. We also had a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake because apparently, today is their cheat day. But for me, every day is my cheat day. HAHA. I'm planning to start my diet in January just like everyone else and badly praying that I lose some weight just in time for summer. This day has been long for me but I am happy that I got to bond with my mom. I also enjoyed trying out the free food samples at the mall we went to and its no wonder I got extra big this year.



To be honest, I enjoy hanging out with my family these days because I get to appreciate their company as I grow older. Especially my mom. I love our car rides together and our random food trips. Even though she got no sense of time, it's fine with me during this kind of days when I have nothing on my plate. I'm also done editing and uploading 3 of my videos this month and I'm planning to film more so I can edit them--- which I enjoy doing.

So far, that's it for my day. Also, I forgot that I have a new video on my channel. If you are reading this blog right now, feel free to check it out too here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu-a0Bp2bUY It's my Van Gogh Alive experience and it's about to end today (December 8) so that's a sneak peek of what to expect when you're one of the lucky ones who got a ticket before it sold out.


PS: I just also wanna say that I'm loving my current haircut which I shared on my last blog. I didn't do anything to my hair today and even though I washed it last night, I still love how the hairstylist made it low maintenace. He's gonna be my go-to hairstylist now after this haircut. I don't need to straighten my bangs anymore or worry about my curls getting frizzy. He is a genius with how he layered my hair.

I can't wait for my blog tomorrow though I know it's gonna be another chill day.

See you tomorrow!

Love,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts