BLOGmas Day 8: Forgetting That I Have My Phone + Charlie's Angels Review


Time does fly so fast. In a few days, it's gonna we'll be 10 days in December... then the Simbang Gabi traditions start and without a blink, it's finally Christmas!



First of all, I wanna give credit to whom credit is due. Yesterday, because I'm too sleepy, I forgot to thank my mom and Tiyow for the dinner and dessert treat. As I've mentioned in yesterday's BLOGmas, we ate at Aristocrat where Tiyow treated us with awesome dinner while I bought us coffee at Starbucks. I'm still a palamunin in this world and I wanna show my appreciation to them by saying thanks at today's BLOGmas.

Anyway, now that my sending thanks to them is out of the way, today's activities are composed of breaking some plans to spontaneously explore another place. My boyfriend and I met up today because we are supposed to watch the PBA Draft and shoot some B-rolls for my upcoming vlog. We also planned to visit a museum before going to Rob Manila for the draft but unfortunately, the National Museum of Anthropology is close today. There are still floors in that building that we haven't explored yet and its a bummer that we didn't get to go inside. Anyhow, my boyfriend planned to buy some drinks (soda lang wag kayong judgemental) at the store where we first spent our date night being officially together in the past. Unfortunately, we think that the store closed permanently already since we didn't see it when we passed around the area in Luneta. We decided to just buy some ice-cold soda while walking back to Robinsons Manila for the PBA Draft.

We are both basketball fans. We used to watch PBA's live games in Araneta or MOA Arena before. And before you wonder why I like basketball, it's not because of the players okay? I grew up watching basketball with my dad so I guess till now, I just adopted the habit and became a full-blown fan of the sports. While waiting for the draft to begin, we decided to drop by the newly opened Filbar's to look around the Funko Pops. Unfortunately, we were not satisfied with the stocks that they have and wanted to explore more. We decided to ditch the PBA Draft and just go to Ayala Malls Manila Bay to check out Hobbiestock (another Funko Pop store) and shoot my B-rolls there. Upon arriving at Ayala Malls Manila Bay, we immediately went to Hobbiestock and still got unsatisfied with their stocks. We didn't see any of the Funko Pops that we want lol. We ended up watching Charlie's Angels and failed to shoot my B-rolls. My poor boyfriend carried my bag of stash, camera, and tripod the whole day and I felt sorry for him. Well, it was planned to do some shooting but we became spontaneous and the movie finished at around 6 pm so we don't have natural lighting anymore.



Before deciding which movie to watch spontaneously, we were torn between Frozen 2, Jumanji, and Charlie's Angels. I was supposed to watch Charlie's Angels with my mom before but because of too much delay on her part, the movie is not being shown in Taguig malls anymore. I want to watch Frozen 2 because of the good reviews too and my boyfriend wanted to watch Jumanji 2 since we both watched it before through online streaming. We ended up with Charlie's Angels since like what I said, I wanted to watch that movie because I'm a huge fan of action films and combining it with a chic flick seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately, though the movie wasn't that bad... it feels like I craved more action and gore scenes the entire time. Also, the effects weren't that great and the plot is just literally a teeny boopy chic flick action formula. Though it's refreshing to watch Kristen Stewart in a different genre than her other films, watching Ella Balinska's acting kinda put me off. There are scenes where she nailed it, and there are just some scenes that I don't feel her being in the movie. Also, Naomi Scott still got that Princess Jasmine aura in her especially in one of those last scenes and it's weird. The movie is purely for entertainment and it did entertain but you really cannot take this thing seriously compared to the other Charlie's Angels. Also, I feel bad that they turned the original Bosley (John Bosley) into a villain because that just doesn't make any sense. They could have developed Sam Claflin's character (Alexander Brock) into a much more sensible antagonist. Also, Sam Claflin is so charming and they could have used that to their advantage. I also think that although Elizabeth Banks wants to showcase female empowerment in the movie, it feels too forced. There are other ways to present feminism without it being too rub-on-your-face in the entire movie.

But what made me happy though is how my boyfriend enjoyed the movie despite it having a very strong feminist theme. There were no boobs or too much skin shown in the movie but he liked despite the story being cheeky and teeny boopy... which made me appreciate him more because it only means that he supports strong powerful women characters unlike the other guys out there who feel emasculated by watching this kind of movies. By the way, he always joins me whenever I want to watch female superhero movies like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. He appreciates women as powerful human beings and equal to men which I love about him because he knows that whatever men can do, women can do it... BETTER hahaha. To be honest, that's one of his traits that I love the most. He supports me in whatever I wanna do and he keeps pushing me to be myself. I mean, this guy let me eat 7 cups of rice in Mang Inasal without saying "kababae mong tao ang lakas mo kumain". He never makes me feel like I'm a damsel in distress. He let me carry my bag whenever we go out except when he knows that I need some help. He let me wear whatever the heck I want except when it's showing too much skin HAHA and he let me do things that most men actually do like build my DIY stuff at home (though of course, he cannot help me with that but he knows I can handle it), let me eat whatever I want, and most especially, he doesn't mind competing with me in Timezone. He let me play Time Crisis without a whim and we even compete against each other in basketball (where I always win), and he supports my love for action and chic flick movies. I can watch whatever the heck I want to watch with him. He also let support me with my Funko Pop addiction. He's just awesome and I think that every girl deserves to be treated equally.



Anyway, that's pretty much it for my day today. I didn't have a lot of photos today because I always forgot to take photos during dates with dabae because we only see each other for a limited time. I only check my phone during the days that I'm with him when I need to see if my mom is looking for me or calling me but other than that, we never use our phones when we're together. I keep forgetting to take photos with him which sucks but is fine with me too since I don't mind not bringing my phone out HAHA. Also, after going home too early, I fixed my washi tapes because I bought another two at this craft shop in Ayala Malls and found out that I have 70 washi tapes as of the moment. 30 more to go and I'm gonna reach my 100 mark. HAHHAHA but no. I need to stop buying a lot of stuff. So no more splurging this year.

That's it for my day. Hope you enjoyed reading my honest review and how my day went today. Can't wait to blog again tomorrow.

See y'all again!

Love,
KAT 💛


Comments

Popular Posts