BLOGmas Day 1 & 2: Finding Peace and Starbucks' Greatest Coffee


If you're wondering why I'm posting my BLOGmas Day 1 & 2 together, at 1:09 am of December 3... well, as y'all know, I have my ways. Okay, no excuses though, I am a bad blogger and vlogger. I have always been inconsistent and I don't have a sense of time. 

But that is about to change people starting in 3... 2... 1...
JOKE. Haha! I'm planning to be more consistent with my content both on Youtube and here on my blog this month so expect more of me in the coming days. To be honest, though, I was supposed to start this BLOGmas last December 1. However, I want my write up to be posted real-time and unfortunately, my mom... who doesn't care about other people's time (sorry but it's somewhat true) decided to drive around the metro to find a pet groomer for our new dog, Babe, at around what? 2 in the afternoon? HAHA. Of course, we were not able to find a groomer for Babe considering the time that we went to the pet houses. Anyway, that's done and I cannot get back the lost time that I should have spent writing my BLOGmas Day 1 so I'm here, trying to squish everything in one blog lol.

If you're wondering, why the heck am I doing a BLOGmas? Well, a lot of people still read blogs and as a person who can express more of herself clearly through writing, here I am doing this. 


Here are some proof that people still read blogs.

I was supposed to join the VLOGmas on Youtube but let's face it... I won't complete the 24 days of vlogging challenge. I'm too lazy to get clips or shoot and my everyday life is kinda boring so I decided to do a BLOGmas instead since I am really madaldal by nature and I can write as long as I can about random things that interest me. 

Anyway, during the first day of December, I got to spend the entire day with my mom, cousin Micka, brother Ken, Auntie, and of course, our new furbaby: BABE. I just realized that we don't have a photo together, and I don't even know why is that so since my mom loves taking photos of us. After hopelessly trying to find a groomer for Babe at no avail, we ended up having a mass at Santuario De San Antonio (which is my favorite church), and had dinner at Marugame Udon. I used to love Marugame Udon but I don't know, I got tired of eating there but I ended up taking out some Spicy Pork though HAHA. Maybe next time, I should eat more of their rice meals just to shake things up a little. 

My mom, brother, and auntie left me on the night of December 1 as they went back to our Laguna house. Usually, when my mom leaves me alone, I get sad immediately and miss her company. But that day, I sighed of relief as I am happy to be alone again. They've been with me for a week and to be honest, instead of resting, somehow, I got tired more with all the discussions between my mom, auntie, and brother. Of course, I understand where my mom is coming from when she talks a lot, but it is draining to listen to them every single day. I was supposed to be resting for a week but still got stressed. So when they left, I finally relaxed and found peace in the comfort of our silent house. 

Today (let's pretend it's still December 2, okay?), I was sent home after going to work and not being late. Well, for those who follow me on my social media sites, most of you know that I got a skin condition due to stress and "overwork" which I still don't get until now. Well, this condition is kind of contagious but only those who have a low immune system can get it from me. Thank goodness, everyone I love does have a strong immune system, except for my mom but thank you Lord she didn't get it. So, for precautionary measures, our HR asked me to go home until I am cleared by the doctor. I'm about to finish my antibiotics tomorrow (December 3), thank God; then I'll have a check-up on December 5 and hopefull get cleared by my doctor. So, I'll be working from home starting today till Thursday. December 6 will be our Christmas Party and hopefully, I'll be there to claim my gift from the Kris Kringle (HAHA) and give my gift to the person I picked randomly. 

Before heading home, I dropped by my favorite Starbucks branch ever-- Starbucks Philplans. They became my favorite branch because of one thing: THEIR ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATO.


First of all, I'mma clear things up immediately-- I am not a fan of signature coffee. I am not even a fan of coffee. But things changed when I randomly tried the Iced Caramel Macchiato of this branch. Since then, I got addicted. It has this comforting taste that makes me feel alright after a long day everytime I drink it. But, the catch is, Starbucks branches apparently have different mixes per drink. I've tried tons of my go-to drink in a lot of SB branches but unfortunately, the Philplans branch is the only branch that gets my perfect mix. It's the only coffee I buy in Starbucks since I graduated in drinking their frappucinos HAHA. 

Today is kind of special though since I treated myself to their Chocolate Chip Cookie Overload which I kindly asked them to heat and OH MY GOSH, it was so good I almost cried on my way home.

Once home, I started working again on a bunch of office tasks but no complaints though, I love working from home since I'm more productive when I can comfortably do whatever I want without thinking of other people. By saying do whatever I want... that just means that I eat whatever is available at hand and cook whatever I want. 

I have a really cute companion with me the whole day. Babe has been following me around the house and it kind of stresses me out because at some point I can't find her. She's a little weird and introverted like me. 

After working, I finally got the chance to clean. I cleaned Babe's poop which is too much information but it's the reality of my life, then cleaned our dinning table and coffee table of unecessary things lying around. 

Here's Babe lying beside me while I'm writing an article

Here's the deal when my family is staying with me at the condo: every day seems to be a chaos. I can't think straight because things are everywhere. My mom's stuff is lying everywhere and because of that, I tend to let my things lying around too. My table became a mess and seeing it like that stresses me. Not knowing where my things are is stressing me. And the main reason why my immune system is going down is because of stress. So what's the point of resting if I still get stressed right? 

I can't stand the house's chaos anymore so I decided to put things in their proper places. It's not 100% squeaky clean but at least it's been cleared. I have yet to fix my stuff again tomorrow because I have too many notebooks on my desk but well, at least they are stacked in one portion. Remember folks, the key to having a peaceful mind and heart is to have a clear space. Clear your things. Organize your belongings. It helps to calm you down and be relaxed.

So that's it for my BLOGmas Day 1 & 2. Tomorrow, I promise to upload earlier than today. Hopefully, my schedule won't be ruined and I can find the peace and clarity that I need to write again. I am badly wishing and doing my best to post consistently this Christmas season so I hope that you guys can stick around till the last BLOGmas 😊

See you all tomorrow (I mean later...)!

Love,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts