BLOGmas Day 24 & 25: Thank you for CHRISTmas


This is it. The end of our BLOGmas series. Wow. I can't believe that this will be my last BLOGmas entry for the year (but definitely not the last blog for this year) and I survived it. Although there are times that I skipped some days like yesterday, it's still a fulfilling feat especially this is part of my Holiday Bucketlist. 

Looking back, a lot of things happened in 25 days. From getting sick to bouncing back, to seeing friends and families, this month has been a crazy yet amazing way to end the year. This BLOGmas has been my daily record of what the things that happened to me before this decade ends. Woah. DECADE? In a few days, the decade will end. That's 10 years of my life swooping past right in front of me. I don't wanna freak out but let that sink in.



For this BLOGmas, I want to simply give thanks. Since December 23, I've been showered with love as our closest relatives visited us this year for the Christmas season. I know, I asked them to come so we can all bond with my Lola but aside from seeing my Lola happy in being surrounded with her children and grandchildren, I am also happy that I got to see them this year. Like what I said on my previous blog, it's been a while since I last saw my Daddy and Mommy. Yesterday, I was able to bond with my Naynay and cousin Micka and we had a great long night of eating, talking, and opening gifts.


Comparing to last year's celebration, this end of the decade Christmas parties that we hosted are definitely bigger. Last year, it was just six of us who celebrated Christmas. It was just my mom, brother, Auntie, Lola, and Manang Pacing who were with me celebrating. Of course, last year was still memorable and fun. I received huge gifts and all that but this year, I really felt Christmas with everyone being around.


In the end, it is not about receiving a lot of gifts. I didn't receive anything grand this year and it doesn't even matter to me anymore. The biggest and grandest gift that I got is my family. We all faced a lot of problems and challenges this year, and this past decade... but seeing us being together, I know, we all know, that everything is gonna be alright because we got each other's back. Knowing that I have this family... no matter how imperfect each and every one of us is... makes me contented and happy in life. I don't have to worry anymore because I got them.


I want this BLOGmas to be short and sweet so I am ending this series with a huge thanks to my family. Naynay, Micka, Tito Eugene, Mommy, Daddy, Ate Rhea, Kuya Ian, and their kids, Tiyow Litow, Auntie Lagring, my beloved Lola Fe, my brother Ken, and of course to my Momma, I got nothing but huge thanks to you guys for giving me the gift of time and effort and love. Thank you for giving a sweet ending to my decade. Of course, to my bae, even though we're not together this Christmas, thank you for all the love that you gave me. 


To those who stuck with me for 25 days, thank you for reading my long random musings. I am seeing the number of readers that I am getting per post and I am forever grateful to y'all.

Last but not least, to the man celebrating his birthday above... Jesus... I know we have a very complicated relationship and its only us who can understand each other... Thank you for never letting me down despite all the disappointments that I gave you this year. I know you will never abandon me. Know that I love you and I am always thankful for all the blessings that you are giving me. Let me make it up to you slowly but surely this coming 2020.

Let's celebrate life and love this coming new decade.

See you again on my next blog.

Love and Peace,
KAT 💛 

Comments

Popular Posts