BLOGmas Day 14: Simple Happiness


Holy Moly, I can't believe that it's officially the second week of my BLOGmas. December has been so kind to me this year, and my overthinking self is quite scared because they say that there's always calm before the storm. Maybe this is the "calm" but I want to stay positive by claiming that I just have a good end of the month vibes this year. 

Today has been a tiring yet happy day. I went to my boyfriend's house and ate a lot of tahong cooked by his father which was so good and some dulong. After having lunch at their house, we went thrift shopping (I didn't buy anything) where he bought some stuff and then went to a mall in Manila. We were supposed to go to Divisoria today but decided no to because it was scorching hot and I won't buy a lot of gifts anyway. I got to buy gifts for important people in my life and checked off my to-do list of fixing my favorite watch's strap. That watch has a lot of sentimental value for me and it's been a while since I last used it so I decided to finish the task of having it fixed.

I also had a lot of desserts which is kind of scary for me because I don't want to have diabetes (it runs in my family) so I chug down a lot of water to remove the sugars from everything I ate. The only downside of having dates with my bae is that he spoils me a little too much with my favorite foods so I tend to eat more when I'm with him. There's a scientific study that when you're in a relationship, you get to grow bigger and right now, I am 100% sure that it is accurate. 

After our mall errands, my bae surprised me by walking from Robinsons Manila to Harbor Square in CCP Complex. I just realized that while on our way to the mall, I randomly told him that I missed walking during my college days and maybe, the reason why I never got fat was because I walked all the time to a lot of places. I didn't realize that he took it seriously and decided to walk going to Harbor. Imagine walking from Pedro Gil to Vito Cruz... I never thought that I still have it in me to walk that long. But the tedious walk was worth it because I got to bond with him more and I got to sweat off the sweets that I ate. When we got to Harbor Square we shoot some B-rolls for my upcoming vlog and had a coffee date.


We always have coffee dates during the weekend which is my favorite activity with bae. We sat at Harbor (one of my favorite branches) and talked a lot. It's funny how during weekdays, I rarely talk in the office, then during weekends, I go full blast in talking to my mom and bae. My stories are endless and sometimes I wonder if they never get tired of hearing me talk. When I'm with my mom, however, we both talk a lot so I think, that's not a problem for her haha. Bae and I usually talk about all the random stuff that we can think of. We never run out of stories but today, I got to talk more because he is kind of tired from the Christmas Party he had last night. 

Today, I am thankful that I got to spend time with bae and my mom. Before I left our house, I consciously had breakfast so I can get to talk to my mom more. I never have breakfast when she's not here. I am also thankful that despite the tiring night for bae, he spent time to help me finish my errands and have a date with me. My love language has always been quality time so guess who has an overflowing love tank today... heheheh. 

When I was young, I used to be happy by receiving grand gifts from my parents. To be honest, they gave me everything that I want which is probably why my love language before is receiving gifts. As I grew older, it doesn't matter anymore if I receive gifts or not. My mom still gives me some of my "wants" but I appreciate spending time with my loved ones now. I still have some occasional wants in life but it doesn't matter if I get it or not. Moments with my loved ones are more priceless now as I grow older. Maybe its part of maturity but being contented with what I have and spending time with those who matter to me is the simple happiness that I will never exchange in this world. 

Today, I have fully realized that contentment is the key to happiness. How about you? What makes you happy?

See you for another BLOGmas tomorrow. Thank you for reaching this part.

Love & Peace,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts