BLOGmas Day 9: The Most Powerful Day In The Universe


Good evening people! Welcome to another BLOGmas. Tomorrow is gonna be the 10th day that we are doing this and I'm just so happy to finally get my rhythm to continue doing this almost everyday post.


Nothing much happened today in my life. I slept late last night which is at around 3 am because I washed my hair and have to dry it before going to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I felt sleepy throughout my entire day but of course, I still got to work. 

This may have been a normal day for me but life changed a thousand miles away from where I am. Today is the Miss Universe beauty pageant where Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi won the crown. To be completely honest, I am not a huge fan of beauty pageants. I find some pageants too shallow as they objectify women and make them compete against each other to prove who is the fairest of them all. But after Pia Wurtzbach won a few years ago, I learned to enjoy watching the international pageants again as you can see how they stepped up their criteria to win a title.

What I noticed during international pageants nowadays is how they don't just rely on having beauty and looks when it comes to choosing their winners. They are also looking at each of the candidate's advocacies and purpose in joining the contest. You can't join and want to win because you want to be the most beautiful or sexy or intelligent woman in the world. You don't join just to prove your worth. These days, you join to be a voice of certain advocacies and each woman that you are representing. Inclusivity and character are judged too. Women don't compete against each other anymore because, with these pageants' beautiful contestants, you can see that they develop camaraderie and empowerment towards each other.

Today, I watched the Miss Universe journey video of Catriona Gray that I saw on Facebook (you can watch it here) and after that, I got goosebumps. I can safely say and I am 100% sure that she is the best Miss Universe to date of this generation. A lot of people view women as an object of pleasure, submission, and sex. Truth be told, we can't help or control it. But Catriona Gray raised us all for the universe to see that women can do whatever they can in the most gracious, elegant, and passionate way possible. Catriona is far from perfect. She is not perfect like how human beings are designed not to be perfect in any way. Despite this, she stood up, head held high, and prove that perfection is not the key to have a voice in this world. In the end... heart, passion, and purpose in what you want to achieve will make you stand out among the rest. 

She has been a passionate woman throughout her Miss Universe reign. Her eyes showed how she badly want to have a voice in this world and help the charities that she is supporting. She fought for the crown not just for herself but for others. She is a queen who serves. And that my dear readers, is the essence of a woman. Being a woman is not about bearing a child, or creating a family, or sacrificing your happiness for other people. It is not about submitting ourselves to anyone or conforming to what is expected of us. Instead, it is about serving our purpose, not for the benefit of certain people or gender but to serve people with all our hearts on what we truly want to contribute to this society. May it be bearing a child or serving different charities, we all have different paths that want to partake, but in the end, it is all about making a CHANGE. May it be big or small, it doesn't matter. We women can change the world because we are created to have a big heart ready to be shared with everyone. Let us not limit ourselves to the comforts of what is expected of us. We are more than that. If Catriona can do it in her ways, I am more than a hundred percent sure that we can do it in our own ways too. We are more than a display. We are more than what Instagram or those billboards or media wants us to be. We are WOMEN and that itself is powerful to be one. 

I always see a lot of people fighting each other on social media. Girls fighting over some boys and dragging each other down for senseless issues. I see women letting men treat them rudely or let them objectify their bodies. These international pageants are leveling up to help us realize how worthy we are to be part of this modern society where everyone should already be treated equally. There is no superior gender anymore and everyone is welcome to be themselves. Let us use that to our advantage. Show the world that we are more than what people expect of us. We are more than a pretty face or an intelligent mind. We are powerful. And that's what these Queens are there for. To be a role model for us to be empowered.

After today's crowning of the new Miss Universe, I hope that we don't just watch them for the sake of entertainment. Remember the words they are saying to everyone. Hear their voices pleading for us to be united. For my last words for today's BLOGmas, I simply want to share the final words of Zozibini Tunzi that sealed her win as the most beautiful woman in the Universe:

"I think the most important thing we should be teaching young girls today is leadership. It’s something that has been lacking in young girls and women for a very long time, not because we don’t want to but because of what society has labeled women to be. I think we are the most powerful beings in the world and that we should be given every opportunity and that is what we should be teaching these young girls, to take up space, nothing is as important as taking up space in society and cementing yourself, thank you."

Let her words impact us that we, women, are all leaders. 

See you all again tomorrow for BLOGmas Day 10. 

Peace & Love,
KAT ðŸ’›

Comments

Popular Posts