BLOGmas Day 4 & 5: Trying To Be A Youtuber + New Haircut


Hello, hello, hello. Who would have thought that we are already on our day 5 of BLOGmas 2k19! Holy guacamole. Time flies extra fast during December. 


Yesterday, I wasn't able to post my BLOGmas entry anymore because I have a pogi visitor. I love being visited by dabae and yesterday, finally, he got to visit me again and we somehow bonded over editing a video. It's been a while since we last saw each other and I sincerely missed him toooo much. Well, I kind of helped him figure out how to edit the vlog he is making for work. We spent almost the entire night editing and I'm happy that I got to sit beside him even though my main contribution is just to bug him.

Before he visited me, after my work hours (I'm still working from home), my mom picked me up to go to High Street. It's quite funny how I've been hanging out in that area a lot this past couple of days (except for my 2 days of isolation at home). We had our dog groomed and finally, the grooming salon accepted her. She's not a smelly dog anymore and the first thing I did once I got her back was kiss her HAHA. While Babe, our dog was in the grooming salon, we ate at Marugame Udon again where I just ordered some Chicken Teriyakidon rice because I feel umay with their noodles already. After our meal, we went to my favorite dessert place at High Street which in KRISPY KREME!!!! 



Haha I'm you're basic girl next door, I know. I ordered my favorite KitKat doughnut and tried out their Iced Caramel Latte. Of course, I got disappointed with how the latte tasted. It tastes too sweet. For a sweet tooth like me, experiencing something that sweet is a no-no because it only means that it is way beyond what is the normal sweetness level for someone who is not a sweet tooth. Get it? Just read it again if you don't haha. 


Anyway, despite the disappointing latte, I got to enjoy my doughnut. Also, my mom got to try their classic glazed doughnut. I realized that she hasn't tasted that yet which explained her surprised reaction. I'm happy that she liked it because Krispy Kreme is the best doughnut shop in the world (next to Dunkin).

After our dessert run, I FINALLY GOT A MUCH NEEDED HAIRCUT! So I asked my mom's hairstylist to fix my hair without cutting it too short. I'm trying to grow my hair for next year because I want to have a gorgeous long lock during our trips so I just asked him to remove my split ends... then I suddenly decided to get some full bangs. 



To be honest, though, I always make the worst decisions when it comes to my hair. I kind of regret getting my bangs because I am a lazy girl and I hate maintaining it. But it looked cute huhu so I don't know anymore ahhahaha I'll just let it be until it grows out next year.



After yesterday's long day, today (December 5), we picked up some ecobricks at Xavier School before going to St. Luke's BGC for my mom and I's check-up. I thank the heavens that my Shingles looked good so the doctor finally gave me her clearance to go back to work. I miss going to the office after long days of being stuck here in our house. But of course, I'm gonna miss our dog Babe's kakulitan and stalker tendencies wherein she goes anywhere I go inside the house. There's no cute Babe in the office anymore. 


My back to work tomorrow would be just in time for our Christmas party and although I am no fan of parties (except for Escolta Block Party), socializing with my officemates would be nice. Also, today, I uploaded 1 vlog scheduled for Saturday and another vlog for next week. Wow. Being a Youtuber takes a lot of work. I've been editing during my free time here at home and in 2 days, I got to finish editing 3 vlogs. The first vlog that I uploaded this month is my Lazada x Shopee Haul with mom which you can watch here. When I started vlogging, I just want to gain a lot of subscribers to have my channel monetized. After a while, I got lazy and editing became a chore instead of a hobby. I realized that Youtube is not about the money because when I make that as my motivation, I will end up quitting immediately. So, instead of wanting to have money through Youtube, I decided that I will only upload videos that I enjoy making. When I started blogging just for the sake of it being fun, everything became so easy and guess what? I ENJOY EDITING AND SHOOTING VIDEOS. My bae always say that I'm lucky because I get to use what I learned during college and I guess, creating art has always been my passion which explains why I enjoy this. Vlogging... or creating videos is a form of art and since I don't draw or paint regularly anymore, I guess, this has been my creative outlet from my everyday life.

If you'll see my videos now compared to the old ones, you'll see that I learn every day. I am never really a digital girl. I'm someone who always loves analog stuff like film photography, writing in a journal, sketching in a drawing pad. I never knew how to create graphic designs or edit videos before. But now, as I want to put out quality and fun content, I've been learning slowly but surely. I learn every single day that I edit and make something digitally. Hopeful next year, I get to learn more and widen my knowledge when it comes to digital arts. Of course, I will still make traditional art like journaling (which I will show you guys in a vlog too) and painting next year. It's one of my goals to create and create and create. 

So far, that's it for my day 4 & 5 of BLOGmas. I'm starting to worry that my days are not fun or interesting enough to be written about but I guess, it's my thoughts that will make it interesting. I also do hope that next year, I could get to join vlogmas on Youtube. However, for now, I simply enjoy watching my favorite YouTubers upload every day. Although I haven't watched them all, I'm excited about my binge-watching day this December. Also, I'm planning to rewatch the whole season of Friends on Netflix since they will be pulling out this 2020 (I am super sad about this) and I can't wait to blog about that too.

PS: Here's a shameless plug of my channel: http://bit.ly/2OSc0Ej >>> Feel free to subscribe HAHA I post the most random content in it.

See you guys again tomorrow!

Love,
KAT 💛

Comments

Popular Posts